Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Rested and ready

A weekend at the crib was just what I needed. I've been feeling a little iffy around the edges. Whether its because Christmas is just around the corner, I'm working 5 days now, I've felt a little let down by some people and the kids have discovered sibling rivalry and that has become a constant in the home of late. I have lately been wishing we could escape the city and get back to nature. I always feel so much more alive and at peace with myself and the world when I'm sitting in the middle of nowhere. So we packed up the car and went to Nokomai. Okay its not the bush but its remote - no shops, no traffic (unless you count the farm vehicles or fishermen) no people close by. No pressure! No need to get up at a certain time, no need to have meals at specific times! No tv, no computer, no scrapbooking, no diy projects for Leo. Just us. My family and I. Just 2 beautiful sunny days of sitting outside, going for walks, playing soccer, paddling in the creek, playing cluedo and payday. Lunch at 2pm and tea at 7pm.
What a huge difference those 2 days have made to us, the kids are calmer, Leo and I are more mentally prepared for the christmas season - which is hectic and fun - but with a stressed out mind can be ruined.
So I haven't scrapped all week. I'm not worried because I have oodles of new photos I took at Nokomai just waiting to be printed and played with. ;o)
Oh and Thank you so much NZDares for the delightful parcel I found waiting for me - what a thrill it was to have my name pulled out for the digital/hybrid dare.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Certainly sounds like a weekend away was just what the doctor ordered! Glad you all enjoyed it so much!

Anonymous said...

awwwww I felt quite calm after reading that post, sounds like you need to fit in more of those weekends to recharge the batteries.

Mrs Frizz said...

I'm here ... honest ... sometimes life just gets in the way ... but you know where to find me ... well most of the time!!!!

Love the pics and look forward to seeing your chippie stuff on your layouts. Cool !!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend away Julie and well deserved and congrats on your prize!

Vicki said...

Sometimes thats what is needed just before Christmas - we did it last year and it was fabulous. Not so lucky this year though. Glad that your batteries are recharged and you're good to go!!