Thursday, April 12, 2007

Generations...

I was looking at some some photos the other day and realised (slow brain cells in action here - LOL) there are actually a number of benefits to having children at a young age. Brooke has both sets of grandparents AND most of both sets of Great Grandparents still living! And we are (most of us) still very young and able to get down and play with the baby.
This is my mother - Brooke's Great Nana...This is Leo's Mother - Brooke's Great Oma.Her paternal grandparents and some great grandparents are still around as well...
I'm envious in a way because I never knew my grand parents - let alone great grandparents! My Dad's Dad is the only grand parent I knew and he died a few years back! Brooke has a huge family surrounding her! When I think of how she will practically have an entire row of supporters when she does anything at school, etc I get the giggles. This child is going to be so spoilt for attention and love - and free babysitters!

Grandparent's are a Blessing

When God created grandparents
the world was truly blessed
with all the special joys
that make a family happiest...

For grandparents know how to do
the things that warm a heart,
They touch our lives with loving care
right from the very start...

They show that they believe in us
and all we're dreaming of...
When God created grandparents,
He blessed our lives with love.

Jessica's kitten popped in to say hello - he loves camera's this wee guy - if you are trying to take photos and he is around he is almost guaranteed to try and hog the shot!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Yes, grandparents are wonderful and Brooke is very lucky to have so many of them in her life!

I know my own parents love being "young" grandies (they are 52 now but were in their forties when the first grandson - Ethan - was born) and I love how they are able to run around and play on the floor with my boys. I'm glad I had my kids in my 20's because I don't want to be old when they are teenagers!! LOL ;-)

Mrs Frizz said...

Yep, grandparents are very special people ... Brooke will be a very lucky young lady to grow up with another generation around her.