Sunday, April 15, 2007

What do you do when its raining

and the kids can occupy themselves and you have done all your errands AND you can finally lean forward without feeling like your brains may just fall through your eyeballs (hayfever - again - big sigh - LOL)
Well I went on the scrapbookers equivalent of a 'bender' - I finished out a couple of layouts that needed journaling or just that finishing touch.
I redid 2 layouts and done another one for a challenge. Its Neen's challenge on the Scrapbook Essential site - create a LO using a movie poster as inspiration. So I have completed a 2 pager - but page one is based on the layout of the Pretty in Pink poster. Neat huh? Then because I was feeling rather clever I made some cards. I gave one to my nephew for his birthday today and he thought I was pretty clever - although the $$ in the card might have influenced hima bit. I gave another to my niece for her birthday and she is a budding editor - she picked up the mistake I made - I put 5 balloon brads on instead of 4 - LOL!! I spent quite a bit of time trying to convince her the extra one was for good luck!

Ahhhh feeling of great satisfaction....
That lasted until I looked at the pile of unfinished layouts and the drawer full of photos yet to see cool paper! LOL
Oh well....

On a fab note - it was really cool to see my big sister and her 2 girls today - they have come down from Christchurch for a few days. The girls had a plane ride and loved it - apparently my youngest niece fell in love with the nice man air host (what on earth do we call them these days??) I plan to take my sister over to Megs tomorrow- yay! Any excuse to go shopping - LOL!

Scrapbooking isn't about scraps of paper and photos.
Scrapbooking is about scraps of life - yours and those special to you.
(Rebecca Sower)

8 comments:

Steeped in Beautea said...

wow a productive weekend was had by you!!! That was some bender you went on. Enjoy your time with ya sister and her children.

Hannah said...

WOWSER! You have been busy, Julie!! Good for you! I have managed to do Kelly's CJ and that's it!! Mind you, DH was working Saturday and my kids are a bit little to just let them entertain themselves ... but will be FABULOUS when I can!

Kate, Dave and the kiddlets said...

Wow I can't get over how much you got done! Thankyou so much for my b'day rak. I made a layout with it before the weekend and I'll try and post it on my blog today.

Mrs Frizz said...

Wow - wee - a bender is right ... that's some mighty fine scrapping you have been doing my friend ... well done YOU!

Awesome ...

Neen and Mike said...

Woo hoo! Lvin your layout for the challenge (now if Meg will just still a folder up! Hee hee!)...

You did so much you should be stoked!

Hannah said...

You have just been tagged ... ;-)

Unknown said...

Wow you have been busy Julie.

Hey Julie I have tagged you!You need to check my blog.

Mrs Frizz said...

Oh crikey ... didn't check to see just how many people had 'tagged' you - I'm another one ... you are now IT!!!!!!!!