Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Rest and Relaxation...

At Nokomai - just what I needed. Days with no plans and no pressures, lots of games and books! Other than the freezing cold at night it was lovely up there, most of the time it was t shirt weather but it cooled down fast and at night we snuggled deep under our blankets and woke in the morning with cold noses - LOL. We went for a few walks - the photo above is the walk to the cattle stop - or as Ashleigh used to call it the candle stop! LOL - we used to imagine hordes of candles trying to escape their melting death from the crib!
I actually found it difficult to come back to the computer and sit down! How sad huh? I really enjoyed going away with my family and can not wait until next week when we head away for a few days to the West Coast and then to Christchurch. It makes me get itchy feet, Leo keeps me grounded - he hates change - I think I was a gypsy in a previous life - until I met Leo I moved on a whim, if I found my flat boring I moved - LOL - I was a pro at moving by the time I moved to my current home - and now I think I would dread moving - I have accumulated so much stuff!!! My scrap room alone would need its own trailer!

I hope everyone had a lovely Easter break? We had a wee hunt a little later - I think easter Bunny couldn't find Nokomai - all the eggs were left at home!!My Chocolate Bunny
I love you chocolate bunny, dear,
I think I'll nibble on your ear.
And it won't do you any harm,
If I nibble on your arm.

I don't think anyone will know
If I nibble on your toe.
Oh, chocolate bunny, you're so sweet,
I think I'll nibble on your feet.

You're better than an Easter Egg.
I think I'll nibble on your leg.
I love you chocolate bunny so,
Oh no! Where did my bunny go?

Suzanne Tillman


May the spirit of hope that Easter brings,
Help you find contentment in little things,
And restore your faith in the Lord above,
Who gave His life for the ones He loves.

2 comments:

Mrs Frizz said...

Sounds like you enjoyed being away from the big smog of Invers and the everyday pressures ... it's great to get away just for a few days and enjoy a little R&R and family time in a different environment.

Hannah said...

Glad you had such a great time away, Julie!! I too love to get away from home and so does Rob, we are really looking forward to our trip down South next month!! And of course as the kids get older we'll go away even more than we do now. We love it!!
And I know what you mean about finding it hard to get back on the computer again, as much as I love it I just felt like ignoring it for a long time but I knew it would take forever to catch up if I did. SIGH!