Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A Decade of Josef...

Josef is 10 today!
He is in double digits now :o(
Officially a 'tween'
Apparently he woke his dad up at 5am to ask him if it was okay to get up.
I missed that one - LOL.

The poem I found to use on his card is just perfect

Today You Are Ten

I can hardly believe,
That today you are ten.
I wish you were still little,
But I cannot pretend.
You have grown to be strong,
Sensitive and kind.
When I see you out playing
I can't believe you are mine.
Talented, athletic, funny and sweet,
You drink a gallon of milk every week!
I can hardly keep up.

You are growing so fast.
Ten years as your mother
Is now a thing of the past.
My prayer? My hope?
My dream for your life?
Love God. Seek His word.
Do what is right.
My heart? My ambition?
My desire everyday?
To love you and train you
To walk in His ways.

- Delora Burrow-Bradish

Josef arrived at 2.40am weighing in at 8lbs and 10 ozs. He arrived sucking his thumb! He was a dream baby. And apart from the nasty medical hiccup as a toddler he has sailed through life. Even when he was at his sickest he had a ready grin and a playful personality. The older he got the more droll his sense of humour got and now he has the same wit as his father and can drive a saint insane!

I really wonder what the next 10 years will bring. I'm in no hurry for Josef to grow up. I hope he follows through on his dream to be a scientist or a cartoonist (what career extremes - LOL). Maybe he will be a game programmer - he does so love his games! Or the next Bill gates. Or as a scientist he will discover the genetic flaw that causes our hearing loss. Or maybe he will write screen plays. This is the kind of kid Josef is - diverse in his interests and very intense in what he does. He never does anything with half a heart - it is all or nothing.

I am so enjoying watching Josef growing and becoming himself. He fits his shoes just perfectly!

Happy Birthday Dude!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Josef. WOW! 10 today. Hope you have a wonderful day with your family.

Kelly Slattery said...

What a cool set of pics Jules!!

Happy Birthday Josef!!!!

Hoep you have a fantastic day mate!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Josef!!

Love all those pics you've got there Julie, sort of a "timeline" of his life! And what a special poem, those words are neat!

Steeped in Beautea said...

Happy Birthday Josef, hope you have an awesome birthday. That poem and all those photos would make a good layout mum. :-)

tanyaleigh said...

Happy Birthday Josef! Our mum told us it is your birthday today. Hope you have had a great day and you get lots of presents...

Mrs Frizz said...

Happy birthday you wee double digit you ... hope that you have had an awesome day.

Thinking of you .

NanJules - love the post.