Monday, May 21, 2007

Heres to the girls

I got a gorgeous email from a friend this weekend - thank you Gretchen - I just wanted to share it with all you ladies I consider my friends....
What's so poignant about this picture? Well, it shows a line of little girls holding hands facing the immensity of ocean waves.
Alone they might be washed away, but together they stand strong.
Thank you each for holding my hand somewhere along the way when I was facing a wave of my own.
I hope you will reach for my hand when your own wave threatens.

All of us girls..
Old and young...
Near and far...
Hold special memories of good times we've shared.
We've had our share of hard times when our friends were there to make us feel better.
We've shared...
our hearts
our time
our secrets
our fears
our hopes
and our dreams.
Let us never break the chain of friends!

I am only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair spray I use and the girlfriends I have.
Here's to you!
Why do we only have parties for each other when one of us gets married,
pregnant, has a birthday, or retires?
What would most of us do without our sisters, confidants, and shopping, lunching and traveling girlfriends?
Let's celebrate each other for each other's sake!

Love who you are.
Look in the mirror in the morning and smile and say

"I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!"
I like that!

"Winners make things happen.

Losers let things happen"
Be Blessed ladies and pass this on to encourage another woman.
"To the world you might be one person,
But to one person you just might be the world".
HERE IS TO YOU MY FRIENDS!

Pretty cool huh? I really liked it and it made my day - I hope it makes yours.

On the home front it was a busy weekend, Josef had soccer on Saturday - what a kid - he just loves it, he tries so hard and really gives it his whole heart. I took some more photos but this one kind of high lights how small Josef is - and he is the same age as most
of his team members...I had a "Friends Day" I guess you could call it on Saturday - LOL - Michelle txt and said come out and have a cuppa, gladly accepted - she makes a good cuppa - LOL. We had a poke around on the computer and a really great chat. Thanks Michelle ;o)
Then that evening I went to a Stamping Up party with Rachel and Sue, now this was fun - lots of laughter. We made cards and sat around chatting. I really love how I can apply my scrapbooking talents to card making - its a naturally progression I think. I have never had much luck with stamping but the hostess Bronwyn has been teaching me how to stamp. Stamps are so expensive I think I need to learn how to use them and then buy - LOL. After the party we three ladies decided to visit town and popped into Zookeepers for dessert. I had the most decadent chocolate cake - it had a moro melted inside it - oh my!
Nothing lifts the mood higher than spending quality time with good friends and having a chat and a laugh.
Yesterday was a "Welcome Home Day" to Danny and Nicky - 8 weeks touring the US of A, and they had a grand time. I loved looking at their photos and have added Hawaii to my list of places I would love to visit. They collected mugs from everywhere they went - what a great idea. The girls got spoilt with gorgeous necklaces and Josef got the most awesome Pirates of the Caribbean bath towel - its has pride of the place on his bedroom wall - he loves it!
I got this teddy, I just love it so much.I'm glad they are home safe and sound and it is so cool that they thought of us while they were away and bought us souvenirs. Now I cant wait to go over and have a proper look at all the magazines, brochures and bits and pieces they accumulated - I love that stuff - LOL!!!

People

Some people come into our lives and quickly go.
Some people move our souls to dance.
They awaken us to understanding with the passing whisper of
their wisdom.
Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon.
They stay in our lives for a while,
leave footprints on our hearts,
and we are never, ever the same.





3 comments:

Hannah said...

That's really beautiful, Julie, thanks for sharing!

Sounds like you had a nice weekend. Zookeepers was the place Michelle and I met for coffee, and we both had one of those Chocolate Moro thingies ... YUMMMO! It feels funny to read your blog and know the place you are talking about and the memory is still fresh in my mind :-)

Steeped in Beautea said...

so true those words of wisdom. Where would we be without friends. I love your lovely friend weekend, always good to have those.

Mrs Frizz said...

You are more than welcome my friend to come out for coffee ... and I know just what dessert you had at Zoo's - hmmmmm - hmmmm - been there, done that ... decadent is the word that comes to mind. Everything is okay, in moderation, including that dessert.