Sunday, August 19, 2007

Beep Beep

Thats my wake up call. I have been in a procrastinating mood for the last while and have put off quite a bit - updating my blog is one of them!I came online at lunchtime and had a wee wander over to Michelle's blog - what a delightful surprise to discover she has awarded me with a webbie "NICE" award. Now that just made a grey day brighter - and to prove it all the clouds in the sky went away and the sun came out, warming me right through. Which is exactly how I feel when I read the lovely comments Michelle had written about me.
This last week has been so good to me! Gaye and I have been planning our SENZ weekend and we have so much to look forward to - I honestly can not wait. We have booked A Rocking Roxie class with Scrapbook Outlet, Sequined Secret class with Hastings Rubber Stamps and Take One Stamp class with Stamp Zone Ltd. And we plan to spend plenty of time 'surfing' the booths!! AND a big highlight for me is going to be the Saturday night - Tanya has arranged a crop night at her work. So far 14 ladies have signed up - and they are all from Scrapbook Essentials. That is going to be amazing.
Josef's soccer team made it into the finals, he has at least one game left. I have loved watching him play this season, he has come out of his shell and taken to the game. On Saturday he played a forward for the first time and he totally blew us away with his ball skills and he nearly got a goal. he was disappointed he didn't but it skimmed the post and went the wrong way! His team mates showed such spirit when they high-fived him! That one of the things I love the most about Josef's team, they love to win but they don't let it get to them if they don't. I love this photo, I took it on Saturday, it shows the height difference to the extreme - LOL - Josef is in the middle - the other 2 boys are only a year older than him!And this is our little fan - even on a muddy soccer field she can look like a diva!Look what I got!! I love Heidi Swapp! Her stuff is just so scrappable!! I actually got up at 4.30am in the morning to get this - LOL! Leo had to go to work at 5am and he woke me up and I decide to getup and order the kits in the US of A. They took a week to get here - and they quoted 25 days - how cool is that?! I'm going to have a lot of fun playing with this kit.And thats not all - sweet Meg from Scrapbook Essentials found me this book and ordered it in for me... to quote the website "150 cool new ways to turn your everyday scrapbooking products and tools into fabulous projects" This book ROCKS!!! Its just packed with fabulous ideas using stickers, rubons, brads, ribbons and so on. Such an inspiring book.And Brooke - latest pictures - hasn't she grown into such a darling? She has her first tooth and can push herself up onto her hands and knees. Ash and Brooke came with me to Meg's when I picked up my book and Brooke and Max sat on the floor chatting away in their own little language. It was so cute to listen to. Max got into Ashleigh's nappy bag and got an Avon magazine for Meg - he swapped on of his shoes for it. Ash found it later when she got home LOL!! Next he will be slipping Brooke his phone number - hehehe.

Latest layouts, I haven't been terribly creative lately. I have completed 3 layouts for the big competiton over at SE. Its has been such a fun experience being challenged like this.
This one was just for fun - he is such a dude my son!

Don't wait for great opportunities. Seize common, everyday ones and make them great. (Farmers Almanac)

I've decided that I want to pay forward my NICE award - all that read my blog - you all deserve one, your heartwarming comments make my day. that includes all of you that read my blog and email me - you know who you are - I love you all to bits! Thank you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your "NICE" award Julie - you definitely deserve it!! You're a wonderfully nice person!

That photo on the rugby field is amazing - only one year difference in age?! That tall boy looks like he's 16 or something! And Jess ... OMG she looks adorable!!!!! You have to scrap that picture!

Great layouts too - really fun and colourful and bright. Love them!

Anonymous said...

You def deserve the"Nice" award Julie....

Wow Josef is def playing with older kids but way to go him.

Thank you so much for your wonderful encouraging comments on my blog and I love these layouts...

Brooke is growing up sooo fast..

Anonymous said...

that last comment was from me.

Mrs Frizz said...

Well you have been a busy little scrapping bee ... well done you.

And yep, there is just a wee tad difference size-wise in the boys - but one day, Jos will rocket away ... and you will going OMG - where has my wee man gone!!!

As for little Miss J.J. - love the pic ... gorgeous...