Thursday, August 23, 2007

Photo shoot...



We had family photos taken 2 weeks ago and last night we went to view them - I was just blown away - I love them so much! The complete package was affordable and when you paid for them you get a CD with all the pictures they took including the duds!
Even though I think I take a fair photo, there is just something about studio portraits that is sometimes a little better. I am waiting for Ash to let me have her disk so I can share the gorgeous shots the photographer took of Brooke.
And we also got a four generation photo taken - my Mother, Ashleigh, Brooke and myself.
A lot of "professional" shots going to be framed and put up on my walls!!

Josef had his soccer team photo today - the photographer had everyone in fits of laughter because he didn't have a clue where to stand Josef! No matter where he stood he was so little he disappeared. It will be interesting to see that photo when it comes out! They had a little play after the shoot and some of the boys asked Leo to be goalie and let them practice kicking - this gave Leo such a head swell he is now unbearable to live with - LOL!! I think most of the other parents thought Leo was an assistant coach because he would spend games running up and down the sides telling the kids where to go and where to kick etc. A very loud, supportive Dad.

Jessica and Leo had a minor disaster tonight, Jess is refusing to talk to her Dad!! We had takeaways for tea - the kids had Burger King and Jess being Jess took her hearing aids out and put them in the BK paper bag for safe keeping. While Jess was up getting her pj's on Leo decided to have a tidy up and threw the BK bag in the fire! Leo is cross with Jess because he doesn't understand why she put the aids in the bag and Jess is cross with Leo because he threw her bag out when as far as she was concerned it wasn't rubbish. Jess was so upset when she discovered what Leo had done she started to hyperventilate and nearly fainted!! The poor kid was so worried. It took me quite some time to calm her.
Its going to be a couple of weeks before she will get new ones, I have to contact our insurance tomorrow and start a claim. Then audiology so they can order new aids and book an appointment for Jess to get new molds made up. I'm hoping her teacher will be a little understanding and make sure Jess is aware.

Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever. (Aaron Sussman)

6 comments:

Meg McKenzie said...

Gorgeous photos Jules - Cindy Crawford eat your heart out!! Oh dear about the hearing aids - although I am sure Jess and Leo will be back to best of friends in no time!!

Anonymous said...

Those photos are fabulous!!! No wonder you were so thrilled with them!
Sorry about the hearing aids ... poor Jess!! And poor Leo (I'm sure he feels bad about it, even though he could be forgiven for thinking it was rubbish). I hope they are talking again soon!

Anonymous said...

Love the photos and I agree studio ones just enhance family shots. I bet you can't wait to get them on your walls. Eeeks at the hearing aids, sure they are talking by now :-)

Anonymous said...

WOW! What beautiful photos Julie. They will look great up on the wall. Bit of a shame about the hearing aid. I'm sure they will be talking in no time at all. Take Care!

Unknown said...

Wow your family photo's are beautiful.

Sorry to hear about Jess's hearing aids.It's just 1 of those things that isn't anyones fault.Luck good.

Mrs Frizz said...

All the photos are stunning ... they look great on the lounge wall as well and I can't wait to see your scrapping creativity ...