Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Layouts to share

Okay I managed to finish up a few layouts from SENZ.
This was from the brilliant Sequined Secrets class run by Kerrin Quall. I loved this class and I loved the whole idea of creating my embellishments with sequins and beads. Time consuming yes - but man it looks so good!!This is the Rocking Roxie Class layout. I really enjoyed the class - the new techniques and the doodling - all fun and bound to turn up in future layouts.And this was a layout I played with at the Saturday night crop at Tanya's old work. I played with the cricut and was suitably impressed by the way it cut me a big flourish without breaking into a sweat. Then I had oodles of fun doodling with an awesome Aussie Scrap Source DT kit I picked up at SENZ. The kit was Doodling Delight by Christine Miller. Not being a confident doodler this kit has really given me a fabulous taste of doodling.And these little beauties are the serviette canvases my sister Gaye taught me to make. With Christmas just around the corner they are going to make a stunning centerpiece. On the subject of Christmas the Scrapbook Essentials forum ran a 1 day challenge to make a Christmas card and tag. I made these. I had bookmarked this card a while ago in a Memory Makers magazine and figured I'd give it a crack. I doubt I would make these as the cards I send out to family and friends - it took ages and was as fiddly as heck!! LOL. But the tag was easy to whip up.The weather down this way has been positively awful. Yesterday was gale force winds up to 145km and today torrential rain and hail. I'm used to our totally weird unpredictable spring weather but these 2 days have been over the top even for Southland.

All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, Julie!!! I am blown away by this amazing stuff! I love all your layouts, and OMG isn't that photo of Jessica just perfect for the Roxie layout?! And I LOVE your doodling, it looks amazing, almost like patterned paper!

And can you PLEASE share how you make those serviette canvases?? I would love to do them for Christmas gifts. Mrs Frizz was raving about them too ... your sister is obviously talented, do you think she'd mind if you shared the family secret?!

Anonymous said...

Julie you have been busy and those layouts are stunners. Love your canvas and what a great idea. Love that card too. We have been lucky with the wind funnily enough.

Vicki said...

Looks like everyone has been busy finishing off their SENZ projects. They are fabulous and really love the serviette canvas idea. May have to do a trip out to the shop for the bits and pieces for one of those.

Shell said...

You have been really busy Julie! Love all the layouts and those sequins look totally amazing!!!

Mrs Frizz said...

Wowser ... look at all your creativity - you go girl ... awesome!!!

Layouts are stunning and well as for those serviettes ... hmmm ... hmmmm ...