Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Travellers Road Test

http://www.travellersroadtest.co.nz/

Miriam sent this to me and I took it for a bit of fun. I was actually pleasantly surprised at the results as they are very true. While I haven't traveled a fraction of what I wish I could - it will happen. Leo and I were just talking last night about which tracks we plan to tramp this summer. And on our wishlist of family activities is to attempt the cycle trip of the Central Otago goldfields with our kids.

You appear to be a direct descendant of Ed Hilary, viewing all geographical landmarks as something to be conquered. Nothing makes you happier than lacing up your slightly pungent boots and heading for the hills.

You’re self sufficient and independent and prefer to travel alone or with like-minded people. Large regimented tour groups make you twitchy.

You’re prepared to take risks but you’re also equipped for any occasion. Pocket knives are a basic accessory of any outfit and you could create a tourniquet out of an old jandal. Even your pants are waterproof, wrinkle-free and flame resistant.

Travel essentials: The necessary Lonely Planet, insect repellent
Favourite souvenirs: A piece of rock from Everest or the Berlin Wall
Similar travellers: Vikings, Christohper Columbus

LOL - I don't have a piece of Everest or the Berlin wall - but I do have a piece of Vanuatu and I always want to go back there!

So whats your traveling style - do share...


Some of them seemed possessed of an incorrigible inner urge simply to explore,
to use whatever excuse was necessary to travel into country where no one else had been, to see where the rivers went, to find a pass through a mountain range that no one else had crossed. (David Thompson)

1 comment:

Mrs Frizz said...

I hope that somewhere along the line this summer you get the opportunity to ride the Rail Trail ... have fun.

I'm afraid that there would seriously not be enough padding on a bike seat for my liking ... not that I haven't got enough padding myself, just quietly ... but you know what I mean - lol.