Saturday, March 1, 2008

Planning...

what to take on a scrap retreat is not as easy as I thought it would be! I want to take everything in case I forget something really important, and its not like I can pop home and get it! I'm guessing I will have a number of half done layouts done at camp and finish them when I get home. I do know that the March issue of Creating Keepsakes is coming with me - the article called Finish 5 Projects Today - get more pages and cards done with Easy Patterns - looks so cool this month. The concept is to create multiple projects with just a handful of supplies. Its probably very easy in theory - lol!
My niece has come for a visit. She lives in Perth Australia - my oldest sister having jumped the ditch nearly 10 years ago - check out his layout I did awhile back of her leaving - Tina is standing in front of her mother - and thats the last time I seen her...until she walked through the airport gate last night! OMG hasn't she grown up!? Her and Ashleigh have been making plans since the laid eyes on each other. Donna's 2 girls and Ashleigh were so close growing up, it was really difficult for Ash when Donna left. They have 2 weeks now to catch up. Mum I think was the most emotional - she last seen Tina 7 years ago! I don't begrudge Donna leaving for a better life - but I just wished she had of gone somewhere a little closer. 10 years is far to long! Okay my sneaky peeks from a week or so back have been published in a fabulous online EZine put together by Scrapbook Outlet. It was a big thing for me when I was asked, no one had ever asked me to do that before so I'm talking major confidence boost and head swell - trust me I'm really hard to live with now - lol!AND finally tonight I'm the proud owner of this totally awesome book I just love how adventurous it is. This book has opened a whole new world for me I am a font lover from way back and a huge huge fan now of dingbats (thank you Mz Renfree - her fault - lol) so this book is just perfectly perfect in every way.

7 comments:

Vicki said...

Wow Julie - thats awesome - will definitely be keeping an eye out for it in my inbox.

Sounds like some major catching up to be done amongst the family. Have fun.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Julie on the publication of your layouts - woohoo!

Beverley said...

How cool is that! Your layouts look fab and so cool reading through the EZine and first recognising your work and then your name. Congratulations. Happy Scrap Camp packing - I'm sure whatever you forget someone else will have one to borrow.

Trace said...

Those layouts rock Julie - I especially love the colours in your Howdy layout. How cool being in the SBO EZine. Hope that packings going well!

Anonymous said...

well done on being published in the e-zine, was very cool to read this on your blog but I saw it first in the e-zine so how cool was that. Well sounds like there is a bit of catching up to do in that two weeks. Well I guess I will see you next week.

tanyaleigh said...

WTG Julie! That is awesome and love your layouts in this issue of e-zine. See you in a few days Julie, will be a fun 4 days.

Lara said...

happy packing... see you soon & I loved your layouts in the ezine!