Saturday, March 31, 2007

DVD's

I bought 4 DVD's yesterday
You, Me and Dupree - so funny!!!
The Devil Wears Prada - haven't watched, but Ash says it is great
The Weather Man - haven't watched - but love Nicolas Cage movies
Miami Vice - its cool - but not my Don Johnson by a long shot.
Anyway I was putting them on the database I set up for my movies and I just happened to notice the little number at the bottom of the screen that told me I have 527 DVD's. Hmmm - now should I be worried?
I used to work in a video store and it started my love of movies. When I lost most of my hearing I lost interest in watching movies because I couldn't follow them (Americans do everything in the dark!! They have no light switches over there - I'm not joking, watch any US or Canadian show and they will be running round with a dinky wee torch solving crimes or doing their thing!)) - anyway when DVD's came out I was delighted! I have gotten most of my favourite movies on DVD, I got Bugsy Malone, Grease, Flight of the Navigator, The Goonies, Gone With The Wind, Annie...
I once bought some DVD's from Thailand, but I gave them the flick - they were bad copies!! the subtitles didn't match the movies - this btw gave Leo endless enjoyment - he could hear what the people said and then he would read the subtitles and laugh himself silly!! Meanwhile I would be sitting there trying to figure out why they said that!!! I guess things really do get lost in translation!
Our movie collection is so cool though, we have movies for all tastes because we enjoy just about anything. We do rent some first before we buy - just to make sure. And yes we watch them over and over. I have lost count of the number of times we have watched LOTR's or Harry Potter or Sahara or What Eating Gilbert Grape or Shrek.
I'm looking for Star Wars 1 and 2 for Josef - I bought him the boxed Trilogy 4,5,6 for his birthday and we have #3. He has gone Star wars nutty at the moment!

I went over to Rachel's tonight and completed 2 layouts! I impressed myself - usually I forget half my stuff and come home with a couple of layouts that need finishing - but not tonight!
I love this photo of Ashleigh - I cant get over how my baby girl is all grown up... ....and with her own baby - who graced us with this gorgeously gummy grin!
No form of art goes beyond ordinary consciousness as film does, straight to our emotions, deep into the twilight of the soul.
Ingrid Bergman

Me I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly it's the honest ones you have to watch out for, you never can predict if they're going to do something incredibly stupid.
Capt Jack Sparrow

It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas and half a pack of cigarettes. It's dark and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it. The Blues Brothers



2 comments:

Janine said...

hmmmm only 527 movies no I wouldnt worry at all lol. The devils wear prada is good we saw that in Melbourne last year. Loving those layouts.

Hannah said...

WOWSER!!! 527 movies?!?!?!!!!!

But OMG, I'm a HUGE Nic Cage fan!! The Weather Man is a disturbing movie. Good, but disturbing.
The Devil Wears Prada is a great chick flick - funny, and heartwarming.

Great layouts, too. You had a productive evening by the look of things!!