Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Did you miss me?

Its been so long since I last blogged! I have to say this is the worst I have been since I started blogging (shame). I do have a good excuse though :o)
I've been so busy and so tired and so sick! Honestly I had days where one wonders why one gets out of bed!? I caught the humble cold, not so bad? It evolved!! It became an infection in my back muscles. The pain was so bad I couldn't even sit at the computer and type!! And that is like a cruel and unusual punishment. On top of that I started a new job as a personal caregiver, it does not help your way in life when the first week you start your job you have to turn down work or wear a face mask to the jobs you can go to! By the time my cold cleared I was able to accept more work, but then I was coming home shattered. I would flick the computer on, check emails, read a couple of blogs, and check on the SE forum to see what I have missed. I am in the process of answering emails so if I owe you one it will come! ;o)
But I have gotten into a routine now and managed to get caught up on some scrapbooking. I tell you, one can easily go into withdrawal when the scrapping seems to dry up!These 2 layouts are for the latest monthly challenge over at SE. The challenge put up by Neen was "Lets get Lyrical" I found the photos of Donna when she left New Zealand way back in 1998 when I was cleaning out my photo drawer. They really took me back, I can still remember how incredibly sad that who moment was, how so very, very hard it was to say goodbye! Neen has also gotten me very keen on this little (big) venture called Jack Me Up - basically a New Zealand website for New Zealand scrappers - where they "jack" a layout - or 'lift" a layout and then you use that layout as inspiration! Now how cool is that?
This layout was entered in a fortnightly challenge - "No kids allowed!" I printed the big photo onto green vellum and was really pleased with the result. It all goes so well with me word of the year "LIFE".Jessica has pointed out to me that I seem to be scrapping more of Josef lately so my next few layouts have to be of her! I guess I should be very pleased that they like my work enough to want me to do more on them.
The photos taken on the Kepler Track were taken just 2 weeks ago - in fact the day after my last post. We love the Kepler Track and wanted to take a day walk in. We took Josef and Leo's mum. Josef thinks it 'might' be okay to go back in the tramping season and stay overnight.

If at first you don't succeed...

  • ...destroy all evidence that you tried.
  • ...do it the way your mother told you to.
  • ...do it the way your wife told you to.
  • ...failure may be your thing. (Warren Miller)
  • ...see if the loser gets anything.
  • ...maybe skydiving isn't for you.
  • ...there's always next year.
  • ...YOU DID IT WRONG!
  • ...you'll get a lot of advice.
  • ...you're running about average. (M.H. Alderson)
  • ...try, try again.
  • ...try, try again. Then quit. There's no use making a fool of yourself. (W. C. Fields)
  • If at first you DO succeed, try not to look astonished.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

life gets in the way sometimes. Glad to hear you are feelng better. Hang in there with the job the routine will make itself evident soon enough. Great layouts Julie. Funny how kids know how many layouts are being done about other siblings.

Anonymous said...

Julie, really glad that you are starting to feel better...It does take awhile to get into routine but you will get there....

I just love your layouts....If my little David could talk he would tell me that i need to do more layouts of him as they all seem to be of other kids at the moment.

Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Wow Julie, you have really had a rough time of it! I'm so sorry to hear that you have been so unwell. I hope you're completely recovered now.

Great layouts - you have been busy scrapping! Ethan also tells me off if I have done too many of Tyler in one go ... so I try to alternate between them now! LOL!