Friday, June 22, 2007

OMG It's so COLD!!

No joke! The temperature has just plummeted and my toes are ready to leave me and move to a warmer climate! It tries to snow but it gets all mixed up with the wind and rain and becomes a cold, mushy slush. But when it hails - it hurts!!! Its quite difficult to decide what to do when the weather is like this, it will actually clear for a while - lovely patches of blue sky and the ground dries a bit and you think "Yes! I'll just pop out" and as soon as you get where you were going the skies darken and the wind picks up (the wind at the moment has a direct line from the Antarctica) and I'm running through a slush storm or a hail storm or something!! I have noticed a tendency of Mother Nature to put on really spectacular displays of terrible weather at 3pm - when I really need to go out!This layout is my take on the challenge at Jack Me Up. I'm a scraplifter from way back. But I very seldom lift an entire layout, usually it will be something on the layout that just appeals to me or is perfect for a photo I have. This layout is a bit different from my normal 'clean and simple' style but I really enjoyed doing it. And LOOK!! Miss Brooke is sitting! All by her little self! And so gosh darn proud of herself. Of course there were three pairs of hands (Ashleigh's, Steven's, and mine) there to catch her if she fell. But she was so excited she could do it.
Winter clutches at me with greedy fingers of glass;
Half forgotten dreams of summer are just beyond her reach.
Still she stretches, reaching out with icicle hands
Keening and wailing for lost bright beach days
and red hot nights.
Desperately grabbing for some vestige of a season gone,
She lets loose a mad flurry of pristine white anger...
As it settles she realizes what beauty there is in herself.
Winter
And finds solace in the crystalline perfection of
Freshly fallen snow.
Julie L (from dMarie)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great "jack" ... a really unique take on the layout! I like the bright colours and all the flowers.

Well done Brooke - sitting on her own! Woohoo!

Raewyn aka whinney said...

Love all the embellishments and that large green flower is GORGEOUS. Thank you for joining in with the first Jack challenge.
Raewyn

Anonymous said...

love the jack layiout. its cool to sometimes do something out of our square. Hmmmm I must stop moaning about our cold weather cos its not a patch on yours. Whooo hoo at Miss Brooke sitting by herself.

Unknown said...

Cool l/o Julie.Oh and Brooke is getting so big.

Monique said...

Hi Julie, thats a beautiful layout, I bet it is so pretty and sparkly in real life...fantastic to hear this Jack is inspiring people to try new things.