Friday, June 29, 2007

Pirates and Bratz

My kids have saved up their pocket money and had a wee spending spree. Lucky things took full advantage of the big Toy Sale at The Warehouse and Josef has gotten himself The Black Pearl from Pirates of the Caribbean. He loves these movies - we all do, they are such good fun to watch and me personally - I just love the character of Jack Sparrow ( I have always liked Johnny Depp's work - even way back in the 21 Jump Street days). Josef has spent hours playing with his ships (he has 3 now) and he has big battles and plays out scenes from the movies.
Jess on the other hand scored herself a new Bratz Princess doll. Her bratz dolls have taken over her Sindy dollhouse and moved in! I'm really impressed with how the kids saved their money - and they work hard for this money with their jobs they have to do. Then they spent ages browsing the toy catalogue that came out to work out the best bang for their buck.
With the weather packed up and the kids inside all day especially for the next 2 weeks during the school holidays I'm pleased they can use their imaginations and play with their toys. I dont mind the tv on yucky days but I'd rather they would play. Its quite fun seeing Jessica play 'offices' that takes me back, I used to play that - and schools - LOL!
I only manged to complete 2 layouts this past week. its a little difficult to find a healthy balance and get things done!! I'm enjoying working, but when I get home all I want to do is curl up with a good book and a hot drink in front of the fire. I'm thrilled though with what I have been creating. 2 layouts sit on my desk right now - but its freezing in my scrap room - LOL!!!

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me
We pillage, we plunder, we rifle and loot
Drink up me hearties, yo ho
We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot
Drink up me hearties, yo ho
Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me
We extort, we pilfer, we filch and sack
Drink up me hearties, yo ho
Maraud and embezzle and even high-jack
Drink up me hearties yo ho
Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me
We kindle and char, inflame and ignite
Drink up me hearties, yo ho
We burn up the city, we're really a fright
Drink up me hearties, yo ho
We're rascals, scoundrels, villains, and knaves
Drink up me hearties, yo ho
We're devils and black sheep, really bad eggs
Drink up me hearties, yo ho
Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me
We're beggars and blighters and ne'er do-well cads
Drink up me hearties, yo ho
Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads
Drink up me hearties, yo ho

Pirates of the Caribbean
Theme Park Song

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, cute that they chose their toys from the catalogue!! Ethan got some birthday money from Rob's Gran and he got himself the Jack Sparrow and Admiral figurines from that Pirates range. Sounds like you should get a Captain Jack Sparrow for yourself!! LOL (I love Johnny Depp too!)

Lovely layouts, I especially love that Angel one - just adorable!

Anonymous said...

Good on the kids for saving up thier money and then deciding what they will buy. Love your layouts and I am with Hannah, I love the angel one(think I might have a bias though.) 21 jump street takes me back lol.

Rochelle said...

Great that the kids get to learn about the value of money from a young age, makes it so much easier later in life :) I love the layout about generations, what a nice idea! Great work :)

Mrs Frizz said...

Awesome layouts Julie.

Love Josef's pirate collection - awesome - his bedroom is a scrapping layout waiting to happen.

Hope you find the right balance!!!!

Anonymous said...

Stumbled by here by accident while searching for pocket money toys :-), but I'm glad I did, great blog, well done.