Saturday, June 2, 2007

Got Spots?!?

Poor wee Brooke has the chicken pox. She didn't seem to mind terribly much when she was but has been keeping her Mum and Dad awake at night with the grizzles. I had Brooke in my scrapbook room and I was playing my new CD - 80's on your Radio - Brooke was actually kicking in time to the music - it was so cool - she was swinging those wee legs flat out, she really liked Final Countdown and Lets Hear It For The Boy - LOL.
Chicken Pox Poem
Oh, look at all my horrid spots!
I think I've got the chicken pox.
They're on my arms and on my nose;
They're even in between my toes.
They're on my chest and in my hair
These chicken pox are everywhere!
They're on my feet and elbows, too!
I don't know what I'm going to do.
Twelve new spots appeared today
I wish that they would go away
So I could go outside and play!
Shel Silverstein
Leo had a birthday last week - for the next 5 months I can tease him about being 10 years older than me - he hates it as much as I love doing it!
Last night he had the brothers Hank and Herman over - they don't get together often - busy lives etc etc - but when they do - they talk well into the wee hours. Leo and Hank grew up together and Hank was the MC at our wedding. Herman drove the wedding car I was in and took me to the wrong church - LOL!! Leo, Hank and Herman have a lot of history and I'm so glad that they have managed to keep the spark of friendship going all these years when sometimes its easy to 'get wrapped up in your own life'.I have completed Level 1 and Level 2 of Care of the Elderly. The week was long and ....well LONG!! I learnt so much but I really felt they dragged the course out far to long - what we studied in those 5 days could have been taught easily in 2 or 3! I am really looking forward, though to actually working with clients.

Popped out to see Michelle today - I hope you are feeling better soon! Michelle has had a health scare that none of us ever want to experience. I admire Michelle for keeping that sweet sense of humour while telling me what happened. Only Michelle can tell a story that will, while making me cringe in horror will have me chuckling as I picture her doing her 'thing' as well!

Home Remedies That Really Work

  • If you are choking on an ice cube, don't panic. Simply pour a cup of boiling water down your throat and presto! The blockage will be almost instantly removed.
  • Clumsy? Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.
  • High blood pressure sufferers: simply cut yourself and bleed for awhile, thus reducing the pressure in your veins.
  • A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep when you hit the snooze button.
  • If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives, then you will be afraid to cough.
  • Have a bad tooth ache? Hit your thumb with a hammer and then you will forget about the tooth ache.
  • Finally...be really good to your family and friends. You never know when you are going to need them to hold the vegetables.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

well Miss Brooke certainly got that out of the way nice and early. Gosh she is growing up fast that one. Love the layout too. I was wondering how you got on with your course, well done on getting through the week. Sounds like you had a delightful afternoon with Mrs Frizz.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, sorry to hear that poor wee Brooke has the chicken pox! I must be ultra lucky or something because neither of my boys have had it, and they've both been at daycare/preschool since they were 1 and it has gone around several times! Hope Brooke feels better (and sleeps better!) very soon.

Happy Birthday to Leo, too!

Anonymous said...

Poor wee Brooke! Although I must say, I think it is easier on them when they are young... My Mr 5 had them at just 8 months and apart from a spotty, itchy head, was not so bad. Mr 3 had them earlier this year - and he had a small amount all over. Luckily for me he's Mr Placid so no big drama!
Still, not easy on mum or dad - or the grands! lol Hope she feels better soon.

Mrs Frizz said...

What a lovely post.

Let's hope that young Brooke copes with the chicken pox, so not fair in one so young ... but hopefully at her age, she won't be prone to the scratching.

I could [and will] say, how's the old fella - said in the nicest possible way. ROFLMAO.

Happy belated birthday Leo.

SundayL said...

Sorry to hear your little one suffering a bit, hopefully not for too long. I actually wanted to say how funny I thought the little ditty about the home remedies was.
Gonna share it with my readers... linked back to your site of course! Good layouts btw! my scrapbooking blog is at http://www.scrapbooking-layout-inspiration.blogspot.com/

SundayL said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog... can't figure out a way to reply to you via an email, so am doing it here. Just wanted to say that, when it works ok, isn't the web a fantastic place?! We are on opposite sides of this planet and yet we can say Hello. And it's our love of scrapbooking that's brought us together! Just great!!
http://www.scrapbooking-layout-inspiration.blogspot.com/