Sunday, July 8, 2007

Jack Frost has been visiting

I woke up this morning and the world outside my windows was a frosty white vision! It looks so gorgeous. I ran outside to check the birdbath and it has a solid sheet of ice in it - perfect for the fairies that want to go ice skating. Because of the low cloud that is hanging around its nearly 2 o'clock in the afternoon and still everything is frozen solid. Leo is wandering around outside looking mournful. He wants to do things but its to cold to take his hands out of his pockets - LOL!
Its been one of those weeks where life has taken me way up and way down. The kids are home for the school holidays and even though I am only working mornings - its the first time I haven't been able to make plans to do things with the kids. Yes they both old enough to entertain themselves - but I feel like I'm forgetting something - or missing something. Its definitely a weird feeling and one that will take me a while to get used to I guess.I'm sure I've told you about our Kitten, Tigger - he is a real character - I found him and Jess playing and had to snap this picture - what a poser - he loved being pushed around.
My printer/scanner has done an update!! Go figure! It connected to the internet and now has a new user interface.
Sometimes I wish I could plug myself into the internet and get a new interface - or at least a few updates - LOL!!
When I was younger my parents had two tv sets. One was in the living room that we watched a grand total of 2 TV channels on. My parents had a smaller black and white tv in their bedroom. At 6pm on weeknights Mum and Dad would watch the news on TV1 and my sisters and I were allowed to go into our parents room and watch whatever was on TV2. We grew up watching reruns of Happy Days and MASH. MASH was a firm favourite for me. I loved that programme and Alan Alda has long been one of my favourite actors. Leo and I have just bought the entire series on DVD and have been watching episodes when we have time to sit together. What a TRIP! This is a show that could make me laugh out loud and cry in the same episode. 11 seasons I have here and I'm enjoying every episode. If you liked MASH - I like this site - a neat wee bit of trivia here. The 4077th Home Page.

This is the only scrapbooking I have done this week!! I'm afraid its just way way way to cold to venture into my conservatory, and my gas heater is out of gas - lol! I've filled the bottle so fingers crossed I get something a little creative done this week.
Hawkeye: War isn't Hell. War is war, and Hell is Hell. And of the two, war is a lot worse.
Father Mulcahy: How do you figure, Hawkeye?
Hawkeye: Easy, Father. Tell me, who goes to Hell?
Father Mulcahy: Sinners, I believe.
Hawkeye: Exactly. There are no innocent bystanders in Hell. War is chalk full of them - little kids, cripples, old ladies. In fact, except for some of the brass, almost everybody involved is an innocent bystander.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL at the new interface and updates!!! SOOOOOO true!! Thanks for the giggle :-)

I bet it's COLD down your way! I'm freezing my butt off up here!

Mrs Frizz said...

Love the kitty pic ... crazy cat.

Yep, it's COLD!!!! Major understatement.

Anonymous said...

we got home to welly tonight and the temp was 4 degrees, brrrrrrr. I dare say down south is colder. Love the pic.