Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Jess and the Helicopter

Leo had to fly over to Stewart Island on Friday and change some batteries. Because it was going to be a quick trip he decided to take Jessica with him. It was Jessica's first time in a helicopter and when I dropped her off at the hanger she was a little nervous -but they were in a rush so she was whipped off and buckled in before she could say "Boo." According to Jessica it was great fun! She enjoyed flying over the ocean and while they were changing the batteries on the Maritime NZ radio site Jess was collecting rocks!She thoroughly enjoyed this special experience with her dad. I think we are lucky that Leo's job is such that occasionally we can go places with him that we normally wouldn't be able to go. Although we are very disappointed that his new work truck has no back seats, as that has meant the end of travelling to Queenstown and up mountains with him.

I have been having a bit of fun playing around with Picture It! and a few of the most yummy free digital downloads I have come across on the internet. I was going to try my hand at digital scrapbooking but it just never grew on me. But I do love to alter photos then print them out.

As for paper scrapbooking I only had the chance to be creative on Saturday night. I cant believe how difficult it has been for me to get the chance or the motivation to scrapbook. I'm heading off to my scrapbook room now but I bet I potter - I do that so well.
On Saturday Leo, Ash, Steven, Josef and Jessica and Josef's mate Brayden went to see Harry Potter. Because I don't go to the movies it seemed ideal that I have my first real stint as a babysitter - LOL. Brooke and I went out to visit Michelle. Brooke was such a solemn wee thing while we were there but she manged this gorgeous wee grin when Michelle whipped out the camera.

The earth belongs to anyone who stops for a moment, gazes, and goes on his way. (Colette)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie, just love the layouts and what an exerience for Jess...Your grandaughter is just adroable.

Anonymous said...

Brroke is a cutie patootie. So did you enjoy your first stint of babysitting? How cool is Jess getting to experience a helicopter ride and spending sometime with dad. Who could say they did that int eh holidays???

Anonymous said...

You've been super busy - great layouts! And WOW how awesome that Jess got to go up in the helicopter with Dad - I can feel a layout coming on, Julie!! LOL!

Brooke is such a cutie!!