Sunday, July 1, 2007

Now thats "LIFE"

Now how cool is it to have a dull moment in a dreary day - flick on the computer - go to your favourite Scrapbook site - Scrapbook Essentials :O) and discover you have won a challenge? If that is not the perfect pick me up I dont know what is - LOL! Heck even the sun decided to try and come out after that. The challenge was No Kids Allowed and my "life" layout won me a whole heap of praise!
I loath winter, every year I get the 'blues' and struggle to find motivation to meet goals. Winter to me is a cold, dirty season. I'm afraid my hometown doesn't put on a spectacular show for this season. A couple of hours out of town it at least has the decency to snow - which in turn is pretty - I know its cold - but at least you get something to show for the cold! Here it rains, blows, sleets, slushes, freezes and everything turns to mud! The sky turns heavy with thick clouds and smoke from fires. Rooms become damp and chills settle into bones. My home is a haven over winter, we have installed both a DVS system and a room to room heat transfer system. No more wet windows and the bedrooms, while not toasty - they are warm enough to dress without risk of hypothermia. But some of the homes I work in the bedrooms are ice chillers! I work for elderly people and it makes me so sad to see them huddled over a heater when I arrive.
BUT!! The shortest day has been and gone - so roll on Spring - I love spring - at least the mud had purpose - it means the ground has thawed a little - LOL! New life and all the gorgeous bulbs that will pop up - hmmmm....
It might sound a little weird after nutting about Winter - but my favourite season is Autumn. I love the colours of autumn and down here we get warm autumns - last year we had quite a number of "Indian Summer" days - it was wetter than usual though!
LOL - well that was an unexpected wee rant about the weather!
Josef's class has been studying the 1930's and 1940's schooling. Josef has just loved it! For the last day of the school term his class had a mufti day and had to come dressed as students from the olden days. They had spent a week being educated as they would have back then and had a blast! I popped over to his classroom to take some photos and got treated to some blackball lollies - yummy - I havent had those in years. Josef's teacher provided lunch and Josef was so not impressed to get a milo - but with no sugar! He likes a little sugar - lol!
I was quite impressed with the kids likes and dislikes about the schooling in the years 1930/40's.Those were the days, my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we'd choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way
Mary Hopkins

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BIG congratulations on your win, Julie!!! That's a great way to cheer up a gloomy day!

Anonymous said...

congrats on your win. Love what the kids studied and what a fantastic idea too have a week of back in time study as well.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the win - so well deserved! I feel totally the same as you going out to see the elderly and seeing them huddling over the heater or having heaps of layers on as they can't afford to have the heater on all the time.

Mrs Frizz said...

Reading your post and get down to the poem - sitting here bopping away at the puta ... singing ...

Congratulations on the win ...