Monday, September 24, 2007

3 challenges and spring flowers

make for a happy Julie.
I decided to march all the kids over to the back of the old hospital where the gardens have been let to grow wild, the spring flowers are in full bloom and are simply stunning.

I have taken quite a few photos and will be scrapping them in the very near future. I have been suffering 'scrappers doubt' lately - wondering if my stuff is a good as I think it is. I woke up and smelt the daffodils - and quietly reminded myself that I scrap for me and my family. I share because I love the hobby and I like any other person love to be told I do well, but mostly I want to say "Hey look what I've done today."

And on that note here is what I have been up to...

This is my take on the layout by Ann up to be 'Jacked' over at Jack Me Up. I used to cross stitch all the time - small children put an end to the long hous spent stitching in a corner. So it was a lot of fun to stitch this wee soccer dude just for a page of my own little soccer star. And I just loved playing with all the circles.

This is my layout for Neens challenge over at The Music in Me. For future reference I have written on the back of the layout that the song is sung by Gwen Stefani. I just got the Scenic Route papers last Wednesday and have been itching to do this page with this photo.

And this little gem was put together as a result of a Friday Night Challenge offered up by Megan Renfree over at Scrapbook Essentials. We had to use decorative scissors, chipboard and a stamp. Hmmm... LOL I have decided I really, really like 'ingredient' challenges. Anyway Megan placed all the entrant sin a hat and my name popped out, so for my efforts I am to get a package of rubons from Imaginisce - yummy!!!

This is Brooke and her 2 great grandfathers! Opa and Grandpop. Both of them just love having a little one around again.

Grandpa and Me
(Nancy Wolthoff )
Come Grandpa, walk with me... Help me to be the best kid I can be. Take me here and take me there... Show me now how much you care. The many hours we share together... Will be the times I'll remember forever.

6 comments:

Monique said...

Hi Julie, you hit the nail on the head when you said you should scrap for you...its great fun to share with others but at the end of the day as long as your layouts please you thats all that matters in the end.

Saying that I think your layouts are fab! Love your soccer Jack, the circles were perfect for this theme...and go you with the stitching!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you 100%, it's always good to remind ourselves every now and then that the only people who are going to see our layouts in 20-30 years are our kids! You have to scrap for YOU and for your family, nobody else. We all have "scrapper's doubt" sometimes, but it's a good wake-up call to remind us WHY we scrap!

I LOVE the layouts you have done here, it's great that you've been able to find time to do all these challenges, they're great! And I love the pic of the family amongst the blossoms, I can see a great page coming with that photo!

Anonymous said...

not much to add as Hannah and Meek have said it all about scrappers doubt. So wow at all your challnges lovley takes on all of the challnges those layouts are beautiful. Like you I enjoyed the ingredients challenge as it pushes us....

Anonymous said...

Boy, you have been busy scrapping up a storm...lol
Great layouts and i love your take on my layout....fabulous!!!!

Beverley said...

Glad you gave that scrappers doubt the boot. You've got it right about scrapping for you and your family. And anyway your layouts are great - I always love seeing what you come up with. Specially like your unique ideas like the cross stitched dude. Keep up the good work and keep sharing cause I like looking!

Mrs Frizz said...

Hey you ... you SO DO NOT need to have scrapper's doubt ... so you can just boot any doubt from here to kingdom come ... so there!!!