Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My 1st NZ Dare

Ive often looked but never tried...
Here is my very first NZ Dare.
The challenge was to scrapbook something in your life to do with television. Well I couldn't resist the attempt to scrapbook my very favorite television programme of all time.
The strip journalling is some of my favourite quotes from the show:

"You know, this is pretty good - someone should be writing this down!"
- Potter

Henry: “Pierce, are you scared?”
Hawkeye: “Don't be silly. I'm too frightened to be scared.”

“I will not carry a gun, Frank. When I got into this war I had a very clear understanding with the Pentagon. No guns. I'll carry your books, I'll carry a torch, I'll carry a tune, I'll carry on, carry over, carry forward, Cary Grant, cash and carry, carry me back to old Virginie, I'll even hari-kari if you show me how, but I will not carry a gun!”
- Hawkeye

Frank: “I insist on quiet in here!”
Trapper: “Will someone please turn the war down for Frank?”

B.J.'s early impressions of the Korean War: “I think I hate this.”

“Aw, pony pucks!”
- Potter

“These are the forms to get the forms to order more forms, sir.”
- Radar

Hawkeye: “You won again. You always win. Who do you know? “
(Father Mulcahy looks up.)
Hawkeye: “Name dropper.”

Frank, whatever it is, just write it down and put it on my desk where I can't find it.
- Henry

The journalling is tucked behind one of the bigger photos at the top and reads:

"I grew up watching M*A*S*H. My sisters and I would watch it on my parent’s bedroom TV while Mum and Dad watched the news.

As an adult I have a healthier appreciation for the humor and I still really enjoy watching this show. I have the entire collection on DVD and watch it whenever I am in the mood for Alan Alda, who will always be one of my favourite people."

And that was fun! It took me a lot longer than anticipated because I kept getting distracted and reading websites dedicated to MASH. LOL.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, cool layout Julie! I love that you've chosen an "older" show. I remember watching MASH and I loved the theme song. LOL at you getting distracted while looking at all the websites! :-)

lianne said...

Oh wow Julie thats awesome. I loved Mash too.

Anonymous said...

oh thats right your a huge Mash fan. LOve ya layout and now you have started you have to do more dares lol

Anonymous said...

Well done on completing your first dare and it look's fantastic!
M*A*S*H was such a funny show!

Sharon said...

Cool layout! Love the army khaki colours. Sometimes it is easy to forget these great old shows :)