Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sunny days ...

chasing the clouds away.
Oh how blissful the last few days have been, glorious warm sunny days. Days that spell the coming of summer.
I've not done any scrapbooking this week. I've lost my mojo and I'm in a dark place scrapping wise.
But I have new photos and a couple of new monthly kits arriving so maybe...
First things first
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSICA-JOHANNA
I can not believe how fast the last 8 years have flown and I have this gorgeous little diva to call my own. We have had a family afternoon tea today but next weekend she is having a sleepover with a few friends. She picked that weekend because that is the weekend of the release of High School Musical 2! So we are going to get rid of the boys and do our hair and nails and pop some corn and settle in for this cool movie (cool being Jessica's description - LOL)
2nd up - Leo totally blew me a way with this groovy (my word) surprise! My very own laptop!!Yay for darling man who doesnt give flowers or is as romantic as Captain Jack Sparrow! Yay for the fabulous man who announces a new laptop may be what I need to get my mojo back - yes he notices when I have a dry spell, and he is such a supportive scrapping spouse. I adore this man, he knows the right moves - no doubt about that. I'm still in the learning process with htis new toy, but what fun!
And 3rd up - HERE"S BROOKE.....
she is such a darling wee sweetheart at the moment - she loves to show off her 2 teeth and I love to show off my grand daughter.

Finally I leave you not with a poem but a quote from Ali Edwards site - its a meaningful quote and one that I plan to take to heart. I have noticed my scrapbooking has become very 'arty' and while I love this I feel I have lost the true meaning for scrapping - for me anyway.

...but the biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make while doing this. I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of the three on them sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages 6, 4, and 1. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in a hurry to get on to the next things: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less.

Anna Quindlen

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jessica. Sounds like you will have a blast next weekend. I was nodding as I read Ali E blog and the words of wisdom from the lady she had linked too. Love that photo of brooke showing her bum off in the air while she peeks through, she is gorgeous and well done on that hubby of yours buying you a laptop. Gotta love the hubby who supports his scrapping wife.

Beverley said...

Happy Birthday Jessica. My dh rivals the romance of Captain Jack Sparrow too - do ya think he might buy me a laptop too? Maybe your dh should talk to my dh ... That young grand daughter of yours is simply gorgeous - but then you already knew that! :o)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jess!! I hope she has a fun party next weekend.

Your DH deserves a medal! Wow! I'm totally impressed and I bet you are just loving your new laptop - lucky thing!

Brooke is so cute, I love that last photo of her and her mumma. Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Jessica, i hope you have a great time at your party.

What a guy you have Julie!
Laptop's are great, i'd be lost without mine.

Brooke is so cute!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Jessica.Enjoy your sleepover.My Katelyn is having 1 next month.

Brooke is so Cute.

Wow your DH sure knows good tricks.

Mrs Frizz said...

Well happy belated birthday to my little friend - little Miss J.J.

Loving all the pics. Cool - and if nothing else, scrapping your latest pics should help dig you out of your scrapping hole my friend ... nice bright and bubbly pics ... spring colour paper and you go for it !!!