Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My desktop

Having a laptop in ones scrap room does not encourage scrapping!! LOL. I'm sitting in here looking for a quote for a card and go blog hopping instead - then I spot Hannah's blog and this cool post about sharing your desktop. Now I have just gotten this laptop and its running Vista. Ive heard a lot of bad things about Vista and Ive heard some pretty good things. I love how visually appealing it is and the folders are soooo much easier to navigate!!
Anyway this is my desktop right now.I love how there are no game icons scattered all over my picture - Josef and Jess have laid claim to the old desktop and it actually runs better without all my scrap stuff on it!!!
The icons on my laptop are all scrap related - LOL - photo editing, printing, hybrid scrapbooking word processing...
I love the vista gadgets - the sticky notes are a godsend to someone like me who writes mysefl notes about everything!!!
The big clock is there to theoretically keep me aware of the time, hasn't worked yet - but it looks good!
And the slideshow viewer is a nifty wee way of always seeing my photos.

At the time I had Hannahs blog open I had 6 tabs open in Firefox - I have 2 eyes and read 6 pages at once - go figure.
My Mail was open and I was also looking for a layout in 'my scanned layouts' folder.

And last but not least media player is pinned to the bottom bar and has several playlists loaded.

So that is my desktop!

Now Hannah issued an open tag and I will do the same. I 'normally' blog once or twice a week so I don't always notice tags etc so I will make that assumtion of others lol.

If you feel like doing this then here are the rules (as cut and pasted from Hannahs blog - thanx Hannah ;o)

My Desktop Free View Instruction:

A. Upon receiving this tag, immediately perform a screen capture of your desktop. It is best that no icons be deleted before the screen capture so as to add to the element of fun.
You can do a screen capture by: [1] Going to your desktop and pressing the Print Scrn key. [2] Open a graphics program (like Picture Manager, Paint, or Photoshop) and do a Paste. [3] If you wish, you can “edit” the image, before saving it.
For MAC users: Press [ Apple] [ Ctrl ] [ Shift ] and [ 3 ]
B. Post the picture in your blog. You can also give a short explanation on the look of your desktop just below it if you want.
C. Tag 5 of your friends and ask them to give you a Free View of their desktop as well.
D. Add your name to this list of Free Viewers with a link pointing directly to your Desktop Free View post to promote it to succeeding participants.

iRonnie
Rebecca
Jon
Vegan Momma
The Vaguetarian Tea Room
Blairs Boys

Here with Me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture on ya desktop.....Hannahs tag reminded me I need to delete some stuff off mine. Mine has a mixture of study and scrap and personal stuff on it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing along, Julie! Those "open tags" usually mean nobody does it, so I'm glad you have! Your desktop wallpaper is neat! My sister has Vista on her laptop and it confuses the HECK out of me as I am sooooo used to XP (at work, when I was there, and at home ever since we got our PC 8 years ago! LOL) ... it takes me half an hour to find something on her laptop, ROFL! I'm just not used to it I suppose.