Friday, September 28, 2007

Tagged - What am I grateful for?

Hannah has tagged me and its such a cool tag - I have to list 6 - 8 things I am grateful for...

1. I am grateful I am sitting here and a friend has been thinking of me and added me to her list of tags, this means I have friends, I have people who think of me and care what I have to say - yes I am grateful for that.

2. I am grateful for my family, my husband Leo who has been my rock and my pillow for 12 years now. My children - Ashleigh who taught me how to grow a backbone and be a stronger Mum ;o) and Jess and Jos who bring me so much joy. To Brooke who has been such a wonder since day 1.

3. I am grateful I can believe, know and trust in my Heavenly Father and that he is watching over me. My personal faith has been very important to me as I struggled with life's curve balls.
4. I am grateful for the advances in technology that has opened doors for me and allowed me as a hearing impaired mum to be more independent, like my fax machine, my emails, my cellphone and my relay phone - all let me stand on my own 2 feet.

5. I am grateful that I have a creative bent that lets me scrapbook, I love the fact I am preserving our lives now for the future generations.

6. I am grateful I live in Southland - we are on the doorstep of some of the worlds most spectacular National Parks and I am grateful we have the means to be able to spend as much time in these parks as we wish.

7. I am grateful, today, that my sister and her family have driven down from ChCh for a visit. family is so very important and its always so wonderful to be able to see each other on a reasonable regular basis.

How wonderful it is to be grateful for all the little things that make up the 'big picture'.
Thanks Hannah for the cool tag!

I think for the fun of it I will tag
Ann
Michelle
and
Janine
have fun...


HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM!!! MWAH...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Julie, I love your list!! So awesome! I was completely blown away when you said Leo was your "rock and your pillow" ... what a fantastic way of describing it!! I love that!! I want to use that on a layout oneday.

Thanks so much for playing along ... and for your sweet comment on my own "grateful" post :-)

Anonymous said...

Awww...your list brought a smile to my face, everything you wrote is just beautiful!

Thanks for tagging me, i'm off to play along now.
;-)

Anonymous said...

lovely list there Julie and lots of beautiful things that you wrote. I was smiling as I read through your list. Love what you wrote about Southland too.