Wednesday, February 28, 2007

My layout for the February challenge on the Scrapbook Essentials forum.
I love to scrap Leo and the children but its not often I find a photo of me that I really want around for future generations to look at - I'm learning to like my picture - but with all weight issues I have - I could do without the extra chins!! In having said that - I don't like photos of me pre-Ashleigh as I thought I was way to thin. I was a size 8 with room to grow!
What is it with this image thing - where we seem to never be content with how we look? I know I am losing weight slowly this time ( last time I lost it quite fast but then put it all back on and a little bit extra for luck!) I've made lifestyle changes instead of just dieting. But when do you get to the point where you can look at photos of yourself and be content?
I mean I know I don't want to be super skinny again and I know its a delightful feeling to throw away the plus sizes. My goal is simply to fit a size 12 pair of jeans again. I'm out of the 16's and down to the 14's - 12's here I come! Its a reasonable goal I think - doable don't you think? LOL

Here's some dieting quips to make you smile!
*Amazing! You just hang something in your closet for a while, and it shrinks two sizes.
*Caution: Hungry Dieter...may bite if provoked.
*Dieting is wishful shrinking!
*Ever get nostalgic for "The Weigh We were"?
*I keep trying to lose weight...but it keeps finding me!
*In the Middle Ages, they had guillotines, stretch racks, whips and chains. Nowadays, we have a much more effective torture device called the bathroom scale.
*Inside me there's a thin woman struggling to get out...
But I can usually sedate her with 4 or 5 cupcakes.
*Skinny people irritate me! Especially when they say things like, "You know sometimes I just forget to eat." Now I've forgotten my address, my mother's maiden name, and my keys. But I've never forgotten to eat. You have to be a special kind of stupid to forget to eat.

2 comments:

Janine said...

love the layout and photo. We are our own worse enemy at times. I have to tell myself would I talk to a friend the way I talk to myself? The answer is no. So we need to be better friends to ourselves. You know I hate skinny people that say I forgot to eat....lol

Hannah said...

Good luck with the weight loss, Julie. I'm sure your goal is achievable. Sounds very much like mine! I'm aiming to get back to a size 12 too. I used to be a 10, but I know I can't get to that place again, LOL! That was before I had kids ;-)

You can do it!!