Saturday, February 17, 2007

What a day it was yesterday

Morning spent in a state of nervous tension... so much so I actually wondered why I was doing this to myself.
I had a job interview at Books 'n More at H&J's - its part time 5 days a week, no weekend work. The interview was at 1pm and I was so very nervous - a whole year of sending in C.V's and getting the stock rejection letter, I think I apply on autopilot - LOL. This was the first interview I had had that is for a job I really want. I went for a job interview last year for a cleaning position - but even though I got it - it wasn't meant to be - I pinched the nerves in my lower back first week on the job - and - it was a job that I took because I was of the mindset that this was all I could do. I was pretty upset when I couldn't do it - trust me!!

The interview went well - great interviewer - easy to speak to, and I felt at ease. I will find out on Tuesday. I'm hoping but not holding my breath. I have no retail skills at all - and although the advert was "full training" - I am sure there are others with better qualifications.... we will see!

Time spent with Ashleigh - Brooke had her first immunisation shots today and Ashleigh text me in tears telling me she felt like the worlds worst mother - and Brooke was not happy at all - when I got over there Brooke was crying - I mean screaming!! But I think it was more hurt feelings and the shock of the jab, because a wee bit of baby panadol and a nice warm bath and she was all coos again! But Brooke has this cutest little pout - LOL!

Shopping - bought a gorgeous skirt and top to wear to Rachels wedding - most I have ever spent on an outfit in a long time - but Rach worth it!! I am so delighted she and Brendon are finally taking the step to commitment, I know in this day "living together" is socially acceptable I still believe in the magic of marriage - its a very special step for 2 people to take. 2 weeks notice makes it even more fun though - LOL! I've seen her dress and she is going to look absolutely stunning!

Fingerprinting - Josef and his C.S.I stuff again - the family has stained fingers from being printed, he plans to do his mates and did Mitchell last night - Leo has been writing everyones rap sheets - hilarious reading - Leo is the Godfather!! And the powder!!! Its goes everywhere! I didn't realise how grubby that coffee table was!

Movies - watched Final Destination 3 - I will never ride a roller coaster, use a sunbed, watch fireworks if there is a horse in the neighbourhood, let Leo buy a nail gun or park in front of a truck in a drive through! Very important lessons! :)

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Wow, busy day for you Julie! I'm so glad your interview went well and we are all hanging out for Tuesday to find out if you got the job!
Poor Brooke & Ashleigh! Those 6-week shots are the worst, I hated it both times even though my boys were very good and hardly cried. I don't blame Ash for feeling bad, it is such a hard thing to watch your baby in pain. Good thing is Brooke won't remember it now ;-)
Have a lovely day at Rachel's wedding! I'm sure you will take photos, can't wait to see them.

Janine said...

well some things come full circle don't they. Here is Ash thinking she is the worlds worst mum and a few weeks agao you were wondering the same......both of you need to be gentle with yourselves. I am sure Ash appreciates having your support as a new mum. Now here's hoping you get some great news on Tuesday!! Good on you for buying a new outfit for Rachels wedding. You deserve it....

Mrs Frizz said...

Injections are HORRIBLE. I couldn't even hold the babies when they were getting shots - I had to leave the room - the doctor and the nurse had to do it. I have the biggest fear of needles ... I'm a shocker. But it's good to know that a warm bath and lots of cuddles fixes most things that ail a small child. It's when they get older ...