Wednesday, February 14, 2007

You Know You Grew Up In The 80's if:

My friend Minni sent this to me - I guess she knew how much I would relate to everything - but boy did it take me back!! The music, the songs, the fashions - I got soooo sentimental - and guess what I've been singing practically ever since?

You used to buy cassette singles… and still have some stashed somewhere…





Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy.






You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own.







You owned those lil' Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls





Two words: Hammer Pants






You watched "Fraggle Rock".





You had plastic streamers on your handle bars... and spokey-dokies or playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect






You watched "Duck Tales" (Woo ooh!)







You (your sister, cousins) wore a ponytail on the side of your head.




You wore stonewashed jean jackets and were proud of it.






You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF"






You wanted to be a Goonie.







You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.






You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.






You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence.




You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.





You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"







You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.





You have ever played with a Skip-It or Elastix


You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement.


Don't worry, be happy


You wore socks scrunched down


You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.


You remember watching both Gremlins movies.








You thought Doogie Howser was hot.






You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.





You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool





You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.





You just sang those words to yourself.



Homemade Levi shorts.. (the shorter the better)


You remember when mullets were cool!


You still sing "We are the World"





You tight rolled your jeans.






You owned a bannana clip.






You used to (and probably still do) say "What you talkin' 'bout Willis?"





You had big hair and you knew how to use it.





You're still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren't you!


ROCK ON!!!





3 comments:

Mrs Frizz said...

OMG - I nodded, I sung the words out loud and I'm so NOT admitting to too much else - LOL!

Been there, done that ... a walk down memory lane ...

Hannah said...

Love that email! I'm a *TRUE* 80's child since all those things brought back lots of memories!! And yes, I'm still humming "Shot Through the Heart" ... ROFL!

Janine said...

yeah I was a 70's and 80's child