Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Nokomai, Handbags, Kaleb and Going Back to School!!

Back to school today!! The kids were up and ready by 8am! It was like old routines just fell back into place. Josef was so pleased to be in the "Senior" classrooms - he feels so big now! He was off at the door - massive catchups in order with all his mates! LOL.
Jessica was just delighted to see her best friend Dylnne - they have been apart the whole holidays because Dylnne's family went to Hamilton. I feel so old - LOL - Jessica's teacher is new to teaching - she is fresh out of Teacher's College and soooo young!! I thought she was someones big sister until she bowled up and introduced herself - she's very cheerful! I think Jess was in love!! How many teachers call the kids "Babe".

Kaleb was so adorable yesterday, he was so interested in Brooke and wanted to hold her - he got SO possessive!! We refused to give her back! "MY Brooke!" It was gorgeous, he was all cuddles and kisses. The dude isn't all mischief - he has great taste in girls! LOL


Its always fabulous to go up to Nokomai and relax. I missed the place - its been over a month since the last time we got to stay up there at the crib. To much was happening in January to get away! But 3 days up there and I was all blissed out. I did not miss the sandflies though - LOL!!
Ashleigh and Steven and Brooke came up to so it was so great to spend all day with Brooke. Ashleigh and Steven really enjoyed the break away to - its been a hard month for them and they have had some pretty harsh lessons shoved in their faces - I'm sad that they have had to grow up so quickly, but they seem to be landing on their feet, so fingers crossed for them. It was good to be able to offer them a stress free weekend in the sun.
I was starting to get to hot though - it does get pretty extreme up there - with temperatures in the late 20s - thats way to hot for me! My brother-in-law, Danny and his boys have made the coolest swimming hole this year (every year the spring wash will wipe out all previous efforts - LOL). The hole was well over waist deep for Leo and the little kids could actually swim and not touch the bottom - so rare for the Nokomai Creek. It made for the best cooling off spot after the walk down the valley! It felt great being back at Nokomai - the crib never changes - its really good to have something that is "constant" in our lives.

The challenge comes from Janine and Michelle - "Whats In Your Handbag" - talk about an eye opener! LOL! I was so amazed with what I can cram into my little bag, even Leo was suitably impressed.
So on the 6 Feb 2007 my handbag contained

Electronic handheld yahtzee
Hearing aids
$20 New World Xmas Club Vouchers
Address Book
Note Pad
Josefs Kiwi Cricket Pen
Mini Pink Nail Polish
USB Flash Drive
1 Disney Princess Colouring pencil
4 Robots crayons
Hearing Aid Battery Tester
Sellotape
Adaptor thingee for pumping balls up at service station
Badge that says My Hearing is Impaired
Josef's harry potter Watch - needs new battery
Jessica's tooth!!!! (it came out about a month ago!)
2 Hair ties
Jessica's Namebadge
Nail file
Lip Gloss
Screwdriver
Panadol
Hearing Aid Batteries
30 cents
Toiletry bag that has hankies, pads,etc
Roll On Vanilla Soft Musk
4 Lego Blocks
TLC card case - this is my weakness - LOL
in this card case I have 26 cards for various places around town!!!!
Lotto Tickets
Wallet
Spare car key
United video vouchers
CJ Addresses

OMG! Oh well -now I have cleaned out my handbag - LOL - its so much lighter! That was a fun undertaking! I wonder what my handbag says about me?

6 comments:

Janine said...

lol well done on completing the challenge.....um lets not dwell on what our handbags say about us....that would scare me....Sounds like you had a wonderful time away. Had a wee giggle at the new school teacher, um that will be me in four years and um gosh I wont be a spring chicken lol....at 41....thank goodness I look youthful!!

Hannah said...

Looks like you had a great holiday! Glad to hear that the first day back at school went well!

I'm wondering if I need to stuff more things into my handbag!! Mine is nowhere near as full as yours, Michelle's or Janine's!! LOL!

Kelly Slattery said...

Looks like you had a great time. Glad Ashleigh & Steven got a wee break too..I absolutely adore the family pic of you guys - GORGEOUS!!

Roo said...

Sounds like a great time. Love the pic of the kids ready for school. Quite a lot in your handbag too lol

Mrs Frizz said...

And they layout of the handbag will be scrapped as well I hope. It's amazing what we carry around with us 24/7 ... and NO! we won't go there wondering what our handbag says about us ... majorly scary I would imagine ...

Kelly said...

Enjoyed reading through your blog - Has it changed over the last few weeks or am I just going MAD?? Don't answer! lol.
Must do that Hnadbag challenge too - been meaning to for a while now.

PS - Brooke is GORGEOUS!