Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Pollyanna thoughts...

I didn't get the job...
I'm sure I will find a job and I'm sure it will be great...
But I wanted that one...
I'm sure when I finally find a job it will be worth the wait...
I had my fingers and toes crossed for that job...
Oh Pollyanna had it so easy! She found rainbows in prisms - I see rainbows when I'm wet! Her 'Glad" game has its positives - but what on earth am I to be 'glad' about???
I'm glad today is nearly over because I'm so sure tomorrow will be a better day - and its Wednesday - so there will be the job vacancy section in the paper - see it works - think happy Pollyanna thoughts and you will find something to be glad about.

I had such a dreadful morning - I went to the doctor today because my hayfever and sinuses have been having major revolutions lately - I've told them they are free to leave - but no they hang around causing me pain and suffering. I got a new prescription for antihistamines.
Then out of the blue my doctor gets all concerned and sends me to get and x-ray! That I have to wait for - next week - private - costing $130 thank you very much!!
When he was pressing on my cheeks he asked me to make chewing motions while he was pressing on my jaw joint, it hurt so much I had tears running down my face and my doctor tripping over himself with remorse.
He thinks I may have a Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD) - (hows that for a nice big fancy word!!) I got him to write it down so I could research it - and now I don't know if I want to - what if I sit here and start 'seeing' symptoms?
But if I have it, then it explains why my face always hurts so much - most days I feel like I been kicked in the face. I had always assumed it was my sinuses - but nope - sinuses don't do this!
I came out of the doctors to see a nice wee traffic man about to ticket my car - one wheel was just resting on a yellow line!! I asked him if ticketing me was going to make his day brighter? My eyes were all red from crying and he must have felt like such a shit! No ticket - a warning!!
Then I shot round to Spotlight to see if I could buy the numbers 2 and 1 to alter for my nieces 21st - no numbers - lots of letters.
I think about here I started with my Pollyanna mantra!!
Home to the fax that says Thanks but we regret to inform you, etc,etc.

I'm going to watch Boston Legal -- Denny Crane can always make me laugh! Should I have the appalling bad luck to have a power failure or my tv blows up - I shall personally hunt down and make Pollyanna eat each little 'glad' moment...

:)

3 comments:

Mrs Frizz said...

Wow - you have had a day from ... I think that most people will get my drift. I'm pleased that the man with the ticket book decided against writing one out with your license place number on it ... I'm thinking he would have got the bad end of the stick otherwise.

Chin up my friend - you have many things to be thankful for. Warm sunny days [Mother Nature please be kind for another few days - lol], a DH that loves you to pieces, three wonderful children and a grand-daughter and friends that care. Okay so the health isn't the best atm, but let's hope that the doctor knows what he is talking about and fixes whatever it is that is ailing you.

Take care my friend and believe that things can only get better ...

Janine said...

Pollyanna rocks and so do you. Sometimes we have to have the crappy days before the good ones appear. You have the right attitude Nan Jules. YOu have been through harder times and come out the other. So you can deal with this one day.

Hannah said...

Julie, I'm so sorry. But I have to say that you do have a great attitude! It is hard to be Pollyanna when things go wrong, but like Janine said sometimes you have to have the crappy days first before the good ones. Makes you appreciate the good stuff even more.

I hope that the doctors are able to find out the answer to the pain in your face. I would have assumed sinus trouble too, but perhaps if it is something else they will be able to fix it more permanently and you'll be free from the pain you have put up with for so long. So something that seems terrible now might actually be a good thing when you look at the big picture.

You had a horrible day, but today is a new one, and things will be different. You'll get through this, I promise!! ((HUGS))