Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Its Raining.....

Its one of those utterly dull days, the rain just keeps coming down and everything is starting to feel waterlogged and there is a chill in the air. I figure I'll have a wee moan here and maybe I'll feel better - LOL!
At least I could scrap and not feel guilty for sitting at my desk in the middle of the day. I was majorly motivated today and got tea ready this morning, I was all set to scrap till tea time and catch up on a few layouts.
Great intentions - I forgot I had a parent teacher interview at 5! So I finished a page for a competition, tidied up my desk, turned tea on and sat down at my computer for a little blog catch up instead.

Its been one of 'those' weeks - where despite everything you do you just never seem to get to do what you want, I've snatched moments here and there to read emails, reply to some, check the forums and even post in the forums - lol -but write on my blog - it just wasn't happening - LOL.

I've got 2 boxes of chocolates here - Josef has school camp next week and they left the fund raiser till the very last minute - not terribly impressed - but the chocolates keep whispering to me!! I really don't mind that Cadbury Mint - as soon as it stops raining Josef has GOT to sell those chocolates!!This page is for the March Competition on the Scrapbook Essentials Forum. We had a list of 'ingredients' and we had to use at least 4 of them. I picked pattern paper, buttons, rub ons, and chipboard. The photo was taken by Michelle at Rachel's wedding - I love it.I just had to scrap these pictures - all the Bode men in one place and willing to let me take their picture! Josef is the youngest and thinks his big cousins are so cool!I wasn't 100% impressed with the photo taken at Harvey Norman last year for the Santa shots - the setting was a little bland, but I don't think the page turned out so bad.

I treated myself today to the most amazingly awesome book - the Creating Keepsakes "photography for Scrapbookers" by Tracy White.
Its so cool - tips to help take better photos, teaching your eye to 'see' the photo before you snap, ideas for photographing babies, kids, scenery and so much more. I am on page 13 - lol - I keep flipping through it! But I'm already singing its praises - what a fabulous resource book.

I was just catching up on some other blogs and noticed Janine has tagged me!!
1. Find the nearest book: Yep okay - LOL - I just got the book as a freebie from Whitcoulls - neat huh!

2. Name the book & the author: The Girl In Times Square

3. Turn to page 123: haven't gotten that far yet

4. Go to the 5th sentence on the page & copy out the next three sentences onto your blog:
There were some things in life for which once was enough. There weren't many of them. Many of life's offerings were renewable pleasures, like sex, or renewable miseries, like alcohol.

5. Tag 3 more people.
I tag you : Kelly and Hannah and Meg

6 comments:

Janine said...

see what hapens when you read my blog lol. Wow rain, we are spose to have that tonight. Had a giggle at the parent interview that didn't happen. Love that book and have it too. Love your layouts, the bode men was is delightful.

Mrs Frizz said...

Ah ha ... got that book myself yesterday or perhaps it was Monday and today got another one ... quite a bit of reading coming up I'm thinking ...

Love the layouts - you have been busy ...

And the rain, well yep, I'm over it already - Mother Nature can stop it anytime NOW! Our water tank is full and I'm over it. I so DO NOT DO RAIN!!!

Mrs Frizz said...

I should have said - love the layout of the Bode men and really, really love the layout of young Jess ... too cute - the quote is amazing!

Hannah said...

We've had rain too! The first lot in weeks! Great layouts too and the one of Jess is adorable! Love the photo ;-)

I've already been tagged by Kelly (scrappydo) but haven't got around to doing it yet! Must do it soon!

Kelly Slattery said...

Good golly I just popped in to say hi & I got tagged!!! I'll sort that out tomorrow - I'm off to bed :o)

Beverley said...

Just catching up with you and your world. Fab layouts - Jess is gorgeous and I love that quote. Mum and Dad said it was raining down there - they really need it on the farm, so don't complain too much! Ahhh, fundraising chocolates - hope they get sold quick!