Friday, March 16, 2007

My Favorite Leprechaun

Okay I know I am a day early but Jess celebrates it at school so we do as well!! I have downloaded a digital kit that will be perfect for printing out and using to scrap these photos. I wanted to make her hair green as well but she has swimming tonight and I don't think the pool will appreciate it - LOL.

An Irish Prayer

May God
Grant you always...
A Sunbeam to warm you,
A Moonbeam to charm you,
A Sheltering Angel
so nothing can harm you.
Laughter to cheer you,
Faithful friends near you,
And whenever you pray,
Heaven to hear you!


Its been one of those weeks - the sudden drop in temperature and I get a head cold - this leads to a drop in motivation to do much except the basics. But I did manage to complete the Trash challenge from the SE fortnightly challenges. I really got a kick out of this one as it was a challenge to use "rubbish" or things that you would normally discard. I used a GE Finance mailer - it looked so neat when it came in the mail and my first reaction was that this would make a neat mini album - and it has! I scrapped all the photos I took of Josef's class trip rock climbing last year.And I even completed a normal 12x12 layout just for the fun of it, I loved these photos - Jessica has so much trouble going to sleep in her own bed. We simply let her fall asleep where she is and put her to bed in her own bed, sounds like a great example of bad parenting - LOL - but she will go to bed at her bedtime and be asleep where ever she drops at least 15 minutes later. Unless its a weekend then we often find the 2 kids in our bed reading!! These particular photos were taken so badly - it was next to impossible to place them on a page so it looked alright!! But it works - sort of - LOL! I have noticed though that I haven't been doing many double layouts - I used to do heaps of them!! I can take so many photos of the same event and I enjoy the challenge of getting as many onto a 2 page spread. I have fallen into the habit of single 5x7 photos or a couple of 6x4's.
I am going to try and complete more double pages - I like them, they look great in an album.

And in the spirit of St Paddy's Day I leave you this wee gem...

Irish Blessing

May those that love us, love us.
And those who don't love us,
May God turn their hearts.
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May he turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping!

;)

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Happy ST Paddy's Day!!
Jess looks very cute! We are celebrating it at work today too, but as a family we don't do anything for it. I like the Irish prayer and blessing :-)
Good job on the layouts. I used to do lots of 2-pagers but now I hardly ever do! My style has changed now, I put much more onto a single page these days so I think that's why I don't feel the need to do 2 pages anymore ... I think that's part of the reason, anyway. That and not having enough time, LOL! ;-)

Janine said...

Jess looks adorable. What a great idea of the school to celebrate this. Love your trash to treasure album and layout. Funny you should say what you did about double layouts I am the same too and I was thinking I want to do a few more.

Mrs Frizz said...

Love the trash OTP - well done you! and as for Jess and her sleep anywhere layout - too cute ... she is going to love you when she turns 21!!!!!!

I put together a double layout last month and it's the first one that I have done for quite some time ... felt more than a little strange.

When I first started scrapping, what did I do - double page layouts!

Hope you are feeling better.

Rachel J said...

You have been a busy bee!! Love the wee album of jos what a great idea!! And the layout of jess is loverly, simple but effective.