Friday, March 2, 2007

Way back when...

Neen on the Scrapbook Essentials forum challenged us today to look at our earlier scrapping styles - our first layouts! I had an enjoyable hour flipping through those older albums and having a giggle and a cringe. I like to think I have found "MY' style and I like to think I have grown and adapted as a scrapper to the place I am now - I'm comfortable and I love what I create. I think product has evolved heaps to - lol - its a bit like looking at photos of yourself as a kid and wondering why your mother dressed you in 'that' jersey??!! It was probably very trendy! Scrapbooking it so much like that - BUT - I think once you find your groove you tend to stick to it - you occasionally branch out and try new things but ultimately you come back to the true 'you'.
Here are some of my earlier layouts!

5 comments:

Janine said...

sometimes in oder to see where we are now we nede to look at the past. Great idea in sharing them. Love how you are comfy with what you have created.

Hannah said...

Yes, I also loved the wee trip down memory lane, thanks to Neen! You're right about it being like seeing old photos with bad clothes/hairstyles ... at the time it was very cool! So that is how I feel about my scrapbooking. Things will continue to change and evolve, and as long as you are happy with your own work, that's ALL that matters!!
Thanks for sharing yours, I enjoyed looking at them all.

Mrs Frizz said...

Wow - love the lady with the green mask on the girls layout - too cute ...

Our styles do change - we go through phases ... just imagine what we are going to think of our very first layouts in another ten years time ... then again, what are we going to think of our current layouts in another ten years?

Kelly said...

Hey Julie
I actually kind of like your earlier style! It's a different look but still looks really scrapbooky. And the main thing is that it all tells the story.

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.