Tuesday, December 12, 2006

and 2 days later

I'm back. We ended up formatting my hard drive, well Ashleigh's lovely friend David - a newly graduated IT student - did it for me. All I had to do was cook tea for him and his girlfriend Rowena. With Ashleigh and her boyfriend Steven here as well it was a lot of fun around the table, lots of laughter anyway.
I've spent the better part of today putting things back on the computer, like my photos, my scrapbook folders, my games, my fonts - you know - all those really important things you cant live without!
I lost all my emails and email addresses - I had written addresses down - but talk about time consuming putting them all back on! I tried a wee programme called Outlook Backup - but it didnt work :(
But I didnt lose my bookmarks - whew - I have over 200! Because I run Firefox - I simply uploaded them to del.icio.us - then just downloaded them again when I reinstalled Firefox. So easy!
Don't you just wish sometimes you could do this with life? You know when things seem to be falling apart - you can just save the best bits and format the rubbish!! LOL - I'd format the kids temper tantrums, Ashleigh's teenage years (oh the head aches and tears of those years!) the frustrating arguments with Leo when he stubbornly refuses to see the point! Sometimes I wish I could format my brain and reinstall the hearing gene - but them the kids start screaming at each other - and I appreciate the blessing of taking a hearing aid out! I would love to use a telephone though, I miss hearing voices - like my friend Miriam, she lives so far away and to pick up the phone and say hello - would be so cool. But I might be able to get funding for a relay phone - which is like a normal phone but has a wee screen on it - when I ring someone via the relay system an operator will "listen" for me - I talk and the relay operator types out the answer. How awesome is that huh? I pity the relay operator and my friends if I get one - I will be ringing all the time!!! I also like the idea of getting this phone while my 2 younger kids are still adaptable - with both not being able to use phones either - this would open up their lives a bit - LOL - oh dear imagine being the relay operator with Jess when she is teenager!!!
Wow - I seem to be in a bit of an introspective mood this afternoon....

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Bummer about the computer, Julie! But at least you didn't lose all your stuff. I agree with you about formatting things in real life - wouldn't that be great?! ;-)

Maggie Armstrong said...

Having trouble logging on to the Scrapbook Essentials forum - but just wanted to congratulate you on your winning Nov layout. Gorgeous!

Julie said...

Thanks! First time I've won anything with my scrapbooking so it was huge boost to my confidence!

Mrs Frizz said...

Will try again to make a post ... it just kicked me out for some reason. Your blog is looking brilliant Julie - looks as tho you have put a lot of time, energy and effort into it ... glad you are enjoying the big wide world of blogging.