Friday, December 22, 2006

Time to

back and recharge I think! The last couple of days I kind of lost my oompf, I just wanted Christmas to be over. And that is just not like me at all. To many little things and a couple of nasty big things thrown in and then add in a little feminine issues and whoa - its a case of "Stop the world I want to get off!" Thankfully I woke up this morning feeling absolutely fabulous.

Ashleigh is looking for a new flat - her flatmates told her that they didn't want a "mother hen" and that she needed to move so they can party, etc! How sad, but I'm so glad my daughter has the guts to stand up for herself and is not a party girl! Especially with a baby on the way. So this last week its been a constant torrent of text messages - "Mum they are doing this" and "Mum, help" because once they decided she was moving, they have been so petty and cruel to her. Some teenagers really live up to that saying "Mother's of teenagers understand why somesit animals eat their young!!"

My oldest sister in Perth emailed to say her husband had been badly injured in a motorcycle accident - some not so very bright idiot strung a chain across the trail on a bend and Stu hit it and went flying - judging by his injuries he will have his helmet on an alter forever after. How awful - and things like this really make you aware of the distance between you - I cant just hop in the car and be by her side.

Jessica wanted to decorate some christmas balls today so we popped out to Spotlight and got a decorating kit - all the christmas stuff is 50% off so I couldn't resist a few things myself!

These guys will be part of my center piece for the Christmas table
Seen this on H& G network and had to have a crack (pun intended)
Add to this the gorgeous cards I have been getting from my new friends at Scrapbook Essentials and it really feels like Christmas again! I feel so blessed! The weather man is predicting snow (a bit of useless trivia - it snowed in Invercargill on Christmas Day in 1975!) at least I would be able to justify all the little snowmen I have collected over the years!!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Oh Julie, those flatmates of Ashleigh's sound just awful!!! Don't they realise she is almost about the give birth??? She doesn't need this now, and especially not at Christmas. How horrible, but like you say, it is good that she is sticking up for herself and willing to move on and to much better things!

I'm also very sorry to hear about your BIL's accident. Sounds awful, I hope he recovers quickly and that you'll be able to comfort your sister even from far away.

Have a wonderful Christmas, Julie. I do look forward to hearing about the grandbaby sometime in the New Year - very exciting!

Kelly Slattery said...

Just popping in to say Merry Christmas...glad you're feeling better...sending a slap around the ears to Ashley's flat mates for xmas [[SLAP!!]] & {{HUGS}} for Ashley & your Sis & BIL. have a great one Julie :o)

Can't wait to hear about your grandbaby!

Mrs Frizz said...

Hi there
Not good at all - you never said anything last night - know that I am thinking of you.
Good on Ashleigh for standing up for herself with a lot of support of both her parents [of course] and that's wonderful. Thinking of your sister and family in Oz. Take care, chin up and it's now only two more sleeps to go - yahoo - so hope that you have been 'nice', but in saying that, you are allowed to be a little bit naughty [cos I said - lol].
Merry Christmas my scrapping buddy.