Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I hope you all had the best day yesterday...

I know I did! Jessica woke us up at 6.30am, I told her to see if Josef was awake - we heard a loud thump - she pulled him off the top bunk - Yep he's awake! Ashleigh was texting me "Mum are you awake?" then "Mum, I'm at the back door - let me in!" My children are so well trained the jug was switched on as they passed the kitchen for the lounge. Coffee in hand, the first present was unwrapped and the day was on! The children were so thrilled with their presents and when Leo opened the drapes, I had the bad luck to be sitting next to Jessica when she spotted the trampoline on the back lawn! She broke the sound barrier anyway! At 11am Leo's family and my parents and brother arrived for lunch - 19 for Christmas lunch this year. More presents and lots of food, later Leo and I are sitting on the deck, drinks in hand, relishing the peace!
Josef thought it would be cool to climb the back fence and jump onto the trampoline, I stopped him on the fence, he is so fearless and I am so wimpy (I lost lives seeing him up on the fence!). Now he keeps chasing the cat around with his Star Wars light saber! Jessica got a fairy petal laptop and has been busy all day playing the games. Both kids got lots of books and things to do, so this should keep them entertained for a while at least - I hope :-)Ashleigh got so spoilt this year - her last year really as a kid! Lots of pink jewelery, a Supre voucher for when she is back in shape - not that she should worry much - she is still running around in her normal jeans - she just leaves them undone!

Today we slept in and then went to town. Leo totally surprised me by buying a sewing machine for me! I'm so rapt, my old machine is okay, but I couldn't use it for my scrapbooking because it would eat the paper and it had 2 stitches - straight and zigzag. I have 25 stitches now and it loves paper!!! I also got a pile of Christmas stuff for next Christmas - all 75% off at Spotlight. It doesn't hurt to be organized - LOL.

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas, Julie!!

We are planning to get the trampoline for the kids NEXT Christmas, and I'm looking forward to their excitement when they see it outside too!! I still remember when I got mine, I was about 8. I was so excited I put 2 pairs of knickers on to go to church!! ;-)

tanyaleigh said...

Sounds like you had a fab day Julie. I love the photo of you all. We brought a trampoline for the boys about 3 years ago for christmas and they still play on it everyday. Best thing we have ever brought.

Janine said...

lol had a wee giggle at your captin fearless there trying to jump from fence onto it. Just as well you saw and stopepd him. Then I smiled as I read about him chasing the cat with his saber sword.

Mrs Frizz said...

Neat looking pics of the family ... I beat you to it at Spotlight - great showing there for me on Sunday, Christmas Eve day ... will show you, next time you visit - lol. Take care.