Sunday, December 10, 2006

Been scrapping

and finished making my christmas cards. It worked out quite pricey to make them this year - first time I've done that - but I love the result and I like that everyone gets a little card I made just for them..
The layouts were to easy! But I seem to have found my scrapping mojo agian - keeping it "clean and simple" I am able to work faster with more inspiration. I admire so many other layouts and try to attempt different techniques, but more often than not I'm never quite satisfied with the end result and either bury the layout or pull it apart - which as a paper artist - is a tremendous waste of paper!!
I'm going to work on my Sydney album this afternoon - I really want to get that finished. I think Christmas makes you miss family so much more than other times of the year - I was flipping through pictures I took when I went to visit my oldest sister in Sydney and got all sentimental, I really miss my sisters sometimes, ones in Perth, the other in Christchurch - I really hate how life gets in the way sometimes!!
But if they read this I bet they are both sitting there wondering why I havent emailled them lately - like I said - gotta hate how life gets in the way sometimes - LOL

4 comments:

Janine said...

Welcome to blogging and the wonderful world of blogdom....You ahve done so well setting up your blog. Janine from SE aka Angelgurl

Mrs Frizz said...

Wow ... I am most impressed, you are going great guns ... considering you have only just started this blogging business ... well done YOU!

Kelly Slattery said...

Loving your OMG LO...fantastic!!!

tanyaleigh said...

Love your layouts Julie and what a lovely photo of you and your sisters. Bit of a shame that the 3 of you live in diff places but your blog will keep them up to date with you Julie. This time of year is hard when families are so far apart to.