Friday, January 19, 2007

Finally I scrapped!!

My scrapbook room has been absolute chaos for the last month - piles of piles everywhere!! I wanted to scrap but would lose motivation when I walked in the door. I made a "To Do" list - got my Raks, etc listed, Challenges due, what I needed to do, and what I wanted to do... I spent the day yesterday, dealing with Rak's - now they are up to date they will be easier to deal with. I tidied a bit - I have convinced Leo to make me a paper shelf. I bought a small 2 shelf unit for $12 from The Warehouse, Leo is going to tack some bracings and put in several more thin shelves for me. I'm so thrilled because I have paper everywhere, my paper holder wont close and the stuff on the floor is at risk of getting lost forever. I'm tempted to do a ruthless spring clean like Janine did but I'm to scared I'd part with something then really need it!!!I completed my first 12x12 page in what feels like forever - its for the Xmas Swap Challenge on the Scrapbook Essentials forums. Its been interesting reading the thread about what people do when the have a touch of scrapper's block, I'm so guilty of time wasting, ages spent flicking through magazines or surfing the web - I have been mightily inspired by Kelly and Michelle lately - these 2 have done some spectacular layouts!!!Jessica has named her Furr-Real cat - this cat purrs, meows, moves its head, blinks, sheds fluff, and according to Jessica drinks water and needs cat biscuits! Texas (our other cat) thought all his Christmases had come at once when Jessica put out a bowl of water and biscuits for "Isabelle". He was most unimpressed when he was screeched at for stealing!
Rachel and Brendon cranked up their BBQ for the first time this summer! In honour of Rachels birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY RACHEL!! (for the 21st - LOL) We had a lovely evening - it even stopped raining. It was good to catch up with Michelle, who came over and totally spoilt Rach with her birthday Rak - I reminded her when my birthday is - LOL.Leo got a hold of some wee handcuffs Kaleb was playing with and handcuffed Jessica - a bit early in the game I think - maybe when she hits 13 - 14????

4 comments:

Janine said...

really good when we achieve things isn't it......well done on getting organised!! Love your layout by the way.

Hannah said...

Great layout, Julie!! And well done getting all your scrapping stuff organised again! It helps to have inspiration from other scrappers too, doesn't it? I agree Kelly and Michelle have been doing some great work lately, it is very motivating to see them churning stuff out ;-)

Christi said...

Julie - fabulous layout! And from this past Christmas! You are on top of things. I don't think I have scrapped any Christmases since 2003 lol. Sad, I know. Good on you for getting things organized. Not me, boy. I can barely organize my house and as long as no one can see my scrap room then that's ok lol. Sorry I can't be more of an inspiration. I just haven't gotten much done! How's that new grandbaby????

Mrs Frizz said...

Great bbq, great company as well. Enjoyed a very pleasant evening ... you can't beat the males being behind the bbq and doing the so-called 'hard yards' cooking tea ...