Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Been scrapping again - the kids have been busy with their own thing today so I got the opportunity to finish a couple of layouts. I started this one of Brooke at Rachel's on Saturday night - Crops with friends are always oodles of fun - but we chat way to much! LOL! I really enjoy the time spent though just being with like minded friends - we can share so much and help each other out heaps. I cant wait til Meg has time so I can play with her Cricut though (big hint Meg - LOL)
This double page of Brooke was made with an Topline Creations Hot Fudge kit, gorgeous kits. I used to be a consultant for them but the shipping to NZ from the USA got so unreasonable and TLC didnt seem terribly interested in keeping me so I let it die a natural death - I kept my consultancy alive though - so I can buy in occasionally - the kits are perfect for a crop.
Isn't Jess just beautiful - I love this page - when it was finished I was so pleased with how it turned out.
And this page is for the January challenge over at Scrapbook Essentials - Summers past and present - I stumbled over the idea when I was going to scrap the big picture of Josef and we were looking at his baby photos - time has flown by. He is going to be 10 this year - 10!!

Now I am fluffing around getting my circle journal started - its going to be fabulous - "My Blue Day Book" - a book of layouts about What Makes You Happy! I got the idea after reading about a Blue Day Box, a happy box you put your happy photos, memories, poems, letters, music and open it on days when you are not feeling 100%
I started to think about the little things that make me happy - like singing out loud (I sound really bad) in my car to 80's music - Madonna, Tears for Fears, Nik Kershaw, Bananarama, Queen, Bon Jovi, Duran Duran, Wham - LOL - and on and on...
Finding notes Jessica has written me or the soppy love notes Leo leaves me if he comes home for lunch and I'm not there...
Wandering through the bush and having no destination in mind...
Having a pampering bath then painting my nails...
Playing games with the kids and being so silly we cant stop laughing...
Brooke smiling - its not gas!!
So many little things cant make a dull day seems o much brighter. I cant wait now for my journal to do the rounds and come home to me! LOL...

2 comments:

Janine said...

great layout of Brooke and your two J's. I knew you could do the summer memory layout before the deadline. Lol I am planning to do an 80's birthday party with singstar....the music was so much better then....I have lots of things that make me happy....great idea for a cj.

Mrs Frizz said...

I so love those layouts - Jessica-Johanna's pics are divine ... absolutely stunning ...