Sunday, January 21, 2007

Gadgets, gadgets....

It seems some things give up the ghost all at once here!! My camera has been taking some really dodgy shots lately. So Leo and I decided to have a look around and see whats available. We bought a new camera and it came with a new printer - that is really cool but makes me feel like I need a degree in something to operate it!
The camera is amazing, same brand as we had - Canon - but 10 megapixels - quality is spectacular, but again - it came with 3 manuals!! - as of this afternoon I can turn it on and off - LOL!Leo spent the evening last night making my paper shelves for my scrap room - I'm so thrilled with them - I've got to get the bits and pieces so he can make a second set for my cardstock, but all up they only cost $40.00.My stove top burners are all shorting out - great excuse for takeaways - but I'm not in a takeaway frame of mind - I have a garden full of fresh vegetables!
If anything else dies or attempts to die or even thinks about dieing in this house - it will have to do it quietly as I'm not sure what I'll do - the camera was at the top of my list of priorities - I'm sure if Leo cant rewire the stove we can use the camp stove for a while - LOL - I'm sure it will give Leo more opportunities to bbq - thats probably why its taking so long for him to fix it.

I have also completed 2 layouts - I used the some of the fabulous papers and bits from the Scrapbook Essentials January kit. Its so good to be creating again after such a lengthy dry spell.

This my first Brooke page.And this is my page for the fortnightly challenge on the SE forums - we had to scrap our Word and my word is "LIFE"

5 comments:

Janine said...

Love the two layouts, whoo hoo on your first Brooke Layout, those letters look familiar. :-)

Go you on teh life layout too. Loved that Jan kit I created six layouts with that kit and a small album and I still had some left over for cards.

Love those shelves, lokos like Leo could be in demand with all the Se girls wanting some.

Is your new cam a Eos400D? Thats what we have and its amazing!!

Mrs Frizz said...

Well done you ... your scrapping mojo is back. Layouts look great. DH has been busy I see - could be a man in popular demand ... after he has fixed your stove top ... lol.

Hannah said...

OMG, where do I start?? I'm totally green about your new camera - it sounds fabulous!! Had to LOL about the 3 manuals and needing a degree to operate it. Isn't that the way with modern technology?? Makes me feel old!

LOVE the shelves - want some!!
LOVE the layouts - those hand & foot things are way cute, and the page about your word is very cool indeed! The verse you used, is that from somewhere or did you pen it yourself?? Either way, it is very inspiring.

Fingers crossed that nothing else breaks down in your household - but hey I would be asking for a new oven if I were you, LOL ;-)

Julie said...

The verse on the Life LO was author unknown - I totally forgot to credit it!! oops!
And the words and hand and feet things on Brooke LO were a fabulous RAK from Janine!

Kelly Slattery said...

Love your shelves Julie - handy hubby you have there!

Fabulous layouts - you'll have an album full of Brokke in no time :o)